Missing scents

Incendia

I've seen scents with names of Leather, Tobacco, Dirt, Gunpowder, even One Night Stand (though I prefer FoHo's, lol). I think I've even seen Republican/Democrat scents.

I've seen adult beverages - wines, margaritas, bourbons, etc

I've seen all sorts of sweet bakery scents - cookies, pies, cakes, cobblers, waffles...

And obviously the staple woodsy, fruits and florals.

....and I'm sure they all have their followers...

But where are the savory scents? The serious comfort foods? Aside from the occasional Bacon, where is Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Chicken Noodle Soup, Baking Bread, Peanut Butter, Caramelized Onions, Fried Eggs and Sausage, Roast Beef, Fried Chicken, ...and Stuffed Roast Turkey? What could be a better holiday scent, lol? Especially if one is a serious low-carber.

I write this obviously in jest, but have scents such as these ever been marketed, or do suppliers just not want to offend the vegan/vegetarian contingent? More likely, they probably think they wouldn't sell. Which brings us back to 'dirt', 'Gunpowder', etc.

• Like 1

I think some savory scents would sell quite well.  I would love my home to smell like some of those you mentioned.  I did  once have a really good fresh baked bread, I think it was from GW, very yeasty smelling I guess would describe it, but sadly that one didn't sell well.  Fried Chicken and mashed potatoes, I would love! lol

I highly doubt it's to prevent offending someone because some of the names are way out there.

Edited by kandlekrazy

I ordered 3 samples from SOS over the weekend. The site is a bit overwhelming. They have many of the ones you noted, grama they even have a straight sausage. I was looking for a dupe of the original Old Spice. I ordered an ounce but will probably not go forward with it since a pound of it will run me over $60.00.

Karen in MA

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, kfin. For the acronym challenged like me, SOS = Save on Scents

I think the only savory scent I might be truly interested in would be Roast Turkey. That just spells out the holidays to me. It might drive me crazy however, so I think I'll stick with a conifer scent.

Edited by Incendia

I loved Fresh Baked Bread and it sold like hot cakes (sorry about the pun), it smelled just like bread baking in the oven.  I forgot where I purchased it from...perhaps Sweet Cakes or Brambleberry?  Buttery Croissant from Backwoods is wonderful as well and a lot cheaper.  WSP has a great one too.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2017 at 0:02 PM, soshiegirl said:

I loved Fresh Baked Bread and it sold like hot cakes (sorry about the pun), it smelled just like bread baking in the oven.  I forgot where I purchased it from...perhaps Sweet Cakes or Brambleberry?  Buttery Croissant from Backwoods is wonderful as well and a lot cheaper.  WSP has a great one too.

Have you tried the lilac & linen 

or the lilac lemonade? 

On 2/27/2017 at 4:16 PM, kandlekrazy said:

I think some savory scents would sell quite well.  I would love my home to smell like some of those you mentioned.  I did  once have a really good fresh baked bread, I think it was from GW, very yeasty smelling I guess would describe it, but sadly that one didn't sell well.  Fried Chicken and mashed potatoes, I would love! lol

I highly doubt it's to prevent offending someone because some of the names are way out there.

On 2/28/2017 at 0:02 PM, soshiegirl said:

WHERE DID YOU GET THE BREAD SCENTS FROM? I've been looking everywhere. I found one in the UK, but was hoping to find one closer. (I don't know what GW is. DIdn't see it on the list.)

17 minutes ago, glasllyn said:

WHERE DID YOU GET THE BREAD SCENTS FROM? I've been looking everywhere. I found one in the UK, but was hoping to find one closer. (I don't know what GW is. DIdn't see it on the list.)

General Wax, not sure they still have it but worth a check.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, glasllyn said:

It's now this, and they don't have it.  http://www.candlemakingsupplies.net/displayScents.php?category_id=220

But, WSP and Backwoods are promising!

Glasllyn - WSP is a dead ringer for a baking bread scent.  Backwoods has a more prominent butter note adding that scent of creaminess to it.  Both are wonderful and worth giving a try.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soshiegirl said:

Glasllyn - WSP is a dead ringer for a baking bread scent.  Backwoods has a more prominent butter note adding that scent of creaminess to it.  Both are wonderful and worth giving a try.

Thank you, soshiegirl!

Since I'm placing an order with WSP, are there any other spot-on scents you recommend?

Edited by glasllyn
Left out a tidbit

On 3/5/2017 at 9:08 AM, Moonstar said:

Have you tried the lilac & linen 

or the lilac lemonade? 

Moonstar,

I had samples of them and remember sniffing them and liking them but had something similar to it already (made myself).  I don't have one Backwoods oil that hasn't thrown like an outfielder in the world series.

• Like 1