Gunpowder FO and Burnt Rubber FO

CorgiCaper

If you have the materials available you might can get something similar mixing a sharp Leather FO with a Marzipan type scent (Something in the Tonka, Heliotrope, Powdery Vanilla Plastic, Playdoh Almond aroma family) Then add a bit of Cardamom FO and Smoke FO. You'd be hard-pressed to find something that will give you that sulfurous quality of gunpowder mostly because sulfides are rarely used in Fragrance Oil. Good Luck.

Edited by rctfavr3
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for your responses :)

Yes, oddly enough I keep getting asked for candles that smell like both of them.  Although I am not surprised since I live in the mountains where shooting guns is a sport.  The burnt rubber thing... have no excuse for that one... lol

CC 

OK Just tried out a sample order of CandleMaker's offerings. In a word; HORRIBLE!

I Tried: Fireworks, Gunpowder and Burnt Rubber

They were awful and not because they smelled of sulfur (they didn't) they smelled sweetly, perfume with a dry woodnote like sandalwood with a odd soapy background. They smelled nothing like their namesakes. Fireworks and Gunpowder were identical, at least to my nose. Burnt Rubber was as I expected, a mostly Leather fragrance with a hint of smoke. It kinda worked but not really accurate to "Burnt Rubber". I chalk this sample test up as a failure. 

Not to derail the thread but has anyone else had bad luck from CandleMaker's Store?

• 5 months later...

I won't buy from Candlemaker's again after one of theirs turned bad in a matter of a few weeks.  And their lack of descriptions is a huge turnoff.  I gave them a chance, had that bad experience, so no more.

There used to be an FO we could get called Guns n Roses, but that company is gone now.  A small perfumer I used to buy from had a limited edition gunpowder scent, but when it sold out she didn't blend up more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...