Pictures of new style jars I ordered

Well, I wasn't able to order those mini jars Sponey found at Dollar Tree as they are out of stock for the moment so in the mean time I ordered these jars off Amazon.

So I found these 2 styles on Amazon and ordered a dozen of each.  I think they are rather really pretty and they are canning jars from Italy.  Actually I had enough points built up on Amazon it didn't cost me anything but to use my points so that worked out.  I'll have to do hang tags as the lids are too pretty to put a lid on.

This round one is a 5oz jar. Cost 1.15 each.  I just love the bronze tops that have writing on them and the jars are embossed with some type of floral....Elegant I thought for a canning jar.  Boy I hope I can wick these things....

quartro.jpg

round%20mason%20jar.jpg

Now I love the shape of this jar - I got 12 of these also.  They are 6.75oz each.  $2.99 each....bit pricey but what the heck....

S4200196.jpg

And this is what the lids look like.

quattro%204_1.jpg

Trappeur

• Like 4

Oh for crying out loud, I down loaded me and my horse Ranger instead of the 2.99 jar!  Boy I need to get higher intensity glasses so I can see better....gesh!

Here is the picture of the other jar I ordered 12 of.....2.99 each.

I just love this style.....another bugger I have to figure out wickinig on.

QUATTRO%201.jpg

Trappeur

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Oh for crying out loud, I down loaded me and my horse Ranger instead of the 2.99 jar!

And here I thought you were just showing off your beautiful self and your beautiful horse with the beautiful background! Can I come live with you???? Oh, to wake up to all those trees every day...so awesome.

I love the jars! The round ones are so cute, and I dig the taller one...kind of reminds me of an old-fashioned milk bottle. Can't wait to see you put some wax in those!

lol.....oh your too kind Phoenix......I look like death warmed over.   Looks like I hadn't been to bed in a week....probably didn't.... That is a horrible picture I never show to anyone.   You can come here anytime.  I live like a hermit.  I've got so many animals I can't go anywhere, the plain truth of the matter.

Yes, it does look like a milk bottle!

Now have to get some ideas for some labels.  Since I will have to do a hang tag, what should I use for string around the neck?  Any suggestions?

Trappeur

I LOVE those little round jars with the floral design.  Resisting the urge to get some myself!  As for hang tags, I tend to lean towards rustic things myself... twine, raffia, etc.   But a bit of thin ribbon would be pretty, too, and sophisticated.

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

lol.....oh your too kind Phoenix......I look like death warmed over.   Looks like I hadn't been to bed in a week....probably didn't.... That is a horrible picture I never show to anyone.   You can come here anytime.  I live like a hermit.  I've got so many animals I can't go anywhere, the plain truth of the matter.

Yes, it does look like a milk bottle!

Now have to get some ideas for some labels.  Since I will have to do a hang tag, what should I use for string around the neck?  Any suggestions?

Trappeur

Of COURSE string'm up by the neck! wait... No... That's right... Proceed. 

Make it so.jpg

On another issue... The tall ones give me pause because they're narrow, small, and low volume. I'm thinking you're gonna have a really HOT candle with that... The little short ones are awesome. If you still want the little 2 oz mason jars like the Dollar Tree ones they have'm on Amazon. 

And your picture looks great! 

On the smaller jars, I would use a floral shaped hang tag, probably in a flower color (or many different color tags)  and hang with raffia, but that's me!  If you don't want to invest in a bunch of new supplies for these jars, make what you have work. Your candles & labels are always beautiful, you've got this one too!

11 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

Of COURSE string'm up by the neck! wait... No... That's right... Proceed. 

Make it so.jpg

On another issue... The tall ones give me pause because they're narrow, small, and low volume. I'm thinking you're gonna have a really HOT candle with that... The little short ones are awesome. If you still want the little 2 oz mason jars like the Dollar Tree ones they have'm on Amazon. 

And your picture looks great! 

Your definitely right about the tall bottle Sponey.  I was already thinking about that when I ordered them.......but I liked them so much I ordered.  I'll probably keep for myself because I think they are a little too pricey to sell to shops.

Trappeur

20 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

On the smaller jars, I would use a floral shaped hang tag, probably in a flower color (or many different color tags)  and hang with raffia, but that's me!  If you don't want to invest in a bunch of new supplies for these jars, make what you have work. Your candles & labels are always beautiful, you've got this one too!

I love that idea KK but unfortunately Zazzle where I get my labels from doesn't offer a floral shape because I would love to do a floral shaped tag. The only odd shapes are a triangle, heart, oval and the standard square or rectangular or round.  Now the lids are a bronzy/gold color with writing in black.  My favorite color I love doing is working with black.  Most all my labels are that color or an accent in black.  I don't know if a floral color would look good.  I'll know tomorrow when the jars get here.  I already started working on some designs which I'll put up and see what everyone thinks.

Thanks!

Trappeur

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I love that idea KK but unfortunately Zazzle where I get my labels from doesn't offer a floral shape because I would love to do a floral shaped tag. The only odd shapes are a triangle, heart, oval and the standard square or rectangular or round.  Now the lids are a bronzy/gold color with writing in black.  My favorite color I love doing is working with black.  Most all my labels are that color or an accent in black.  I don't know if a floral color would look good.  I'll know tomorrow when the jars get here.  I already started working on some designs which I'll put up and see what everyone thinks.

Have you thought about a Cricut? They are pretty pricey but you can quickly die-cut shapes - if you were going to do a lot of hang tags it might be a good option. 

Labels by the sheet sells a scallop hang tag that looks like a flower but then you'd have to print them yourself.  And if I remember right they only come in white or copy that pretty script writing that's on the jar...if only my handwriting was that pretty!