How Do Almond Scents Sell For You In CP Soap

Moonstar

Would anyone find value in scent swaps? I learned a LOT from some in the past.

basically, people choose a topic (like fragrances from a single supplier, or scents of the same name from different suppliers)

participants make enough samples (usually in soap, but have received sniffies too) and send them to the host/hostess.

the hostess sorts and gets the collection back to the participants.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Moonshine ... out of curiosity what are your favorite scents in soap aside from almond ? Im ordering B+ B supplies :/

BTW I hate auto type - right above your reply I meant to type Candybee and somehow got Canine LMAO !!!! 

Me personally I like almond- lavender- oatmeal milk and honey- eucalyptus- lemon and anything spicy and woodsy

and herbal 

we have a place by us called Heavenly Scent Herb Farm, I have not been in there in years but at the time whoever did her soaps I was just in awe....lots of crushed herbs blended right in with unique fresh herby scents - there was some that were Lemon with rinds and poppyseed in them....the soap world blows me away but I will not will not will not go there ?

Have enough on my plate trying to keep up with oils for candles 

I will leave the art of soap making to all you talented people and buy yours 

• Like 1

Moonshine I just went on the heavenly scent farm website and it looks great. I'll be stopping there over the summer. If you ever want garden inspiration or unique home 

or garden gifts you have to visit Detroit Garden Works- it's in Pontiac just outside of West Bloomfield. She caters to the uber wealthy but also has some reasonable stuff too, not much though. Her potted creations are unique & gorgeous ! Plus she's the 

most down to earth person you'll 

meet. She's always dressed like the hired help rather than the owner - mine kina gal ??

• Like 1

I have heard of Detroit garden works but never been there 

ever been to Farmer John's Greenhouse in Farmington Hills on Haggerty?

That is my husbands Aunt and Uncle- their kids are runnng it now and I used to work there before we started our business

Love that place!  We bought our tree there this year since we stopped doing it but they had the same grandpa that started the whole Christmas tree business so it was nice still carrying on family tradition going there ☺️

• Like 1

Your kidding ! Up until 3 years ago I went to Farmer Johns every summer. For Mothers Day I used to buy the most amazing hanging baskets, one for

my mom and one for me. I always bought her the enormous baskets lined in moss for her - they were $50 but hey, it was Mothers day + they were

gorgeous. Now she doesn't even want them anymore. Keeps telling us not to spend our money on her .Guess who says that now to her kids - ME LOL 

Apples don't fall far from the tree lol ! Farmer Johns is quite the place - its HUGE and they carry everything. What a small world . I love family owned 

businesses - sadly many can't compete any longer. Farmer Jonns is15 minutes away from me. 4 more days before my son goes back to school

Im amazed Im not bald lol ! Don't get me wrong, I love that kid more than life itself but man .... he could break a priest LMAO !!!! 

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 1

That is too funny.... I was going to work weekends this year helping with Christmas decorating but been doing it myself for so many years out our way that I passed so I could see what not having to run a Christmas related business would be like around the holidays and guess what.....next year I will be helping them out....same at my house with the kids....

love them to pieces and wouldn't trade it for the world but both home staring at me to wait on them and fighting like they are 2 again....I will be working next Christmas break ??

• Like 1

PFO carries some of Old Mill's FOs when they closed several years ago. OM had some of the best and their lavender and OMH as still the same formula. Other good ones I like from PFO are their Burberry (OMG I love this and its a huge seller!), Dragon's Blood (best DB out there!), Black Raspberry Vanilla, Cherry Blossom, and Smoky Mtn Christmas Tree (very strong!).

I used to order a lot from back when their oils were from Tony's/Southern Gardens. But now that PFO is on the West Coast I have since replaced all they oils I used to use from them. It's just not practical for my biz to order suppliers from them.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

I must be the only person on the planet that doesn't know what Dragons Blood smells like lol ! I don't like name so many thats whats stopped me from

ever ordering a sample. I remember TT saying that they vary so much from suppliers and she's only found a few she's liked, so I never pursed it.

How would you describe it ? Also I received a sample of Bay Rum from Lebermuth, is it suppose to smell like mens cologne ? IDK , I wasnt a fan 

You really have my curiosity peaked Candybee on PFO's Lavender + OMH - I also saw a olive blossom that sounded really good too :) 

Their olive blossom vervaine is a huge seller but I never cozied up to it. Lots of people love it thou at least that is what has been posted over and over again over the years. I got a sample once and never used it because I didn't care for it OOB. But since I never used it I could be totally wrong. It was sort of lemony and verbena like and wasn't what I expected OOB.

Dragon's Blood is hard to describe. Like you for many yrs I didn't bother to try it due to the name. But once I did I was totally hooked. Awesome in soap and candles. Its very popular as an incense type scent; aromatic, warm, sensuous, sultry, exotic. I know its got patch in it but not sure what else. I've read about a resin from tree sap that is called Dragon's blood that comes from South America. Anyway, its defintely worth trying a sample. You may surprize yourself. If you like Nag's Champa, Angel, Frank & Myrrh, you may love Dragon's Blood.

EBB actually has the best Bay Rum from the old Flicker's scent line. I prefer to use bay rum as a blender instead of straight. To me straight it just doesn't do anything for me... but used as a blender really makes a scent pop and gives it great appeal. If you use it as a blend for a men's soap it will be a big seller because its such a well loved classic. I like it mixed best with PFO's Burberry. But its also awesome blended with Green Irish Tweed. But my fav GIT is actually Black Irish from BW. Its GIT on steroids.

• Like 1

dumb question but who's BW ??? You do some amazing sounding blends :) BTW I tried googling a 15x orange that was mentioned in a soap post here +

only found one on WSP - WHOA its EXPENSIVE ! But it looks as if you don't need that much according to WSP + based on reviews it holds up in CP ?

Backwoods (BW) has some awesome FOs.  They have honey gingerbread which is IMO the ultimate gingerbread FO. I have not found a better one. They are in PA so its on the east coast and that's good for me. I try to use suppliers on the east coast to save on shipping.

I don't know offhand if they carry an almond type scent thou. Normally I only use OMH and am not looking for another almond.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2017 at 6:30 PM, TallTayl said:

I use either brambleberry or sweetcakes almond, they sell ok for me to the right crowd. Each has that Jergens bitter almond note without being too cherry. 

I have yet to try CP, but do plan to.  I use Sweetcakes Toasted Almond in everything and love it.  MP, bath bombs, lotion, shower gel, soy candles, palm candles.  It is not an actual toasted scent, just a really nice almond.  I have no idea how it will perform in CP .  I bet the website says something though, they usually have notes on that listed.

Edited by Beaches
Grammar
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Beaches said:

I have yet to try CP, but do plan to.  I use Sweetcakes Toasted Almond in everything and love it.  MP, bath bombs, lotion, shower gel, soy candles, palm candles.  It is not an actual toasted scent, just a really nice almond.  I have no idea how it will perform in CP .  I bet the website says something though, they usually have notes on that listed.

I never thought of looking on Sweet Cakes for an almond - toasted almond is now on my list :) I have her Mango Tea and like that as well as blackberry but didn't care

for her Pink Sugar, I like Indiana's much better. Same with her true rose, over rated it my opinion. Coconut Lemongrass + Tahitian Vanilla is very good though . 

Just noticed she has a $25 min ... any other suggestions  for me to add . Happy New Year to you :) 

Edited by Moonstar

The toasted almond does sound yummy. Have you tried her OMH, it seems to get a lot of good reviews as does the orange blossom + black raspberry

and cucumber melon .  TT, what should I try mixing your Tonic with ? Any Fo in general not necessarily sweet cakes.

Edited by Moonstar

17 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

The toasted almond does sound yummy. Have you tried her OMH, it seems to get a lot of good reviews as does the orange blossom + black raspberry

and cucumber melon .  TT, what should I try mixing your Tonic with ? Any Fo in general not necessarily sweet cakes.

Gosh, how about something like celestial sea (PFO) or salty sailor for instance? I am working on proportions of MW celestial sea with it as a base for a mermaid blend.

Moonshine blends with something, I think it was clean green (Ahre) or something similar.

I would lean toward water type scents, spa type scents. Or tea. Like green tea (that kind of falls into the spa type scents). 

For me it sells amazingly well in wax and soap all by itself. 

• Like 1

Funny you mention a Mermaid scent, I just love the smell of a spray perfume called Mermaid. I bought it at Anthropology about 5 years ago with a gift card 

and its so pretty. Its a light beachy scent with  hints of orange blossom and not sure what else but it smells good. Im not big on perfume but like this one.

I dont believe I have any green tea FO, maybe I'll get a 1 oz bottle from sweet cakes when I place my order for the toasted almond. 

8 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I never thought of looking on Sweet Cakes for an almond - toasted almond is now on my list :) I have her Mango Tea and like that as well as blackberry but didn't care

for her Pink Sugar, I like Indiana's much better. Same with her true rose, over rated it my opinion. Coconut Lemongrass + Tahitian Vanilla is very good though . 

Just noticed she has a $25 min ... any other suggestions  for me to add . Happy New Year to you :) 

I love the Original Herbal Essence, it is very close to the shampoo from the 70's, not the "new" stuff from the 80's that most people think of as the original.  It's the real original.  The Oatmeal Milk and Honey is great too.  I like the Lavender and Herbs too.  I did not like their Strawberry at all, it is over rated too.  I will be sure try their Blackberry.  I have never found one I liked.  Happy New Year to you too!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beaches said:

I love the Original Herbal Essence, it is very close to the shampoo from the 70's, not the "new" stuff from the 80's that most people think of as the original.  It's the real original.  The Oatmeal Milk and Honey is great too.  I like the Lavender and Herbs too.  I did not like their Strawberry at all, it is over rated too.  I will be sure try their Blackberry.  I have never found one I liked.  Happy New Year to you too!

Lmao ! Those were all the ones 

I had on my list. I didn't like the 

strawberry either, smelled very fake & cheap to me. Other no go's

were Flower bomb & the sweet yellow pear, not a fan . Other shampoo I loved from the 70s was Revlon Flex & Gee your hair smells terrific  ? But the herbal essence was my favorite ? blackberry is good but not stellar 

• 2 weeks later...