New Victorian Label for New Store

Trappeur

Well, here are some labels that I did changes on that were recommendations so you all could see.

Also I did another style as below, just for the heck of it.  I really like it.  I'm very partial to black as it is so dramatic and stands right out on a label. This label I think would look stunning on any jar with the gold lettering.

lavender%20on%20maine%2013.jpg

Now the next label is done as suggested by Birdcharm by moving the name of the store "Lavender on Maine" to the bottom.  I also as Moonstar suggested put in "Made Exclusively For"  Lavender on Maine.  I've also changed the font color to a nice lavender.  I wasn't able to find a lavender floral to put into any of these labels that I liked at all.  And really thinking about it, I don't even think the label needs to be one with lavender flowers because to me I'm putting something set in stone by having the lavender flower there.  I mean, now what happens when I make up a daffodil fragrance, a rose, a vanilla, etc and put it on a lavender flower label.  So I would rather play up the color "lavender" and have that instead so what ever florals are in the label they could really go with anything, if you know what I mean.  Also "Blue Thistle" is a fragrance I just made up just for the label, lol...And I left off Maine after Kennebunkport as a suggestion.  But I think it needs to be there regardless that Maine is in the name of the store because not everyone knows the town of Kennebunkport is in Maine.  So I would add it to Kennebunkport on my label.  I have also moved the victorian banner towards the top as suggested. 

Now for the overall look of this label with the name of the store at the bottom?  I don't really care for it.   It may look nice on the label, but it really needs to be at the top of the label, but at least you can see what it would look like.

lavender%20on%20maine%2011.jpg

Here is the same label but reversed the name of the shop and put at the top the way I think it should be.

lavender%20on%20maine%2014.jpg

Now I love the tan background of the label here.  The white hydrangeas stand out and I just love this colorway instead of the gray label.  I love everything about this label.  I even tried doing the name of the store in a curved look which I think is different.   I'm only hoping that the lavender fonts go with the rest of the colors on this label...What do you all think?  This is my first choice.

lavender%20on%20maine%208.jpg

This came out nice.  I just changed the color of the fonts to a lavender.  And I would have Maine after Kennebunkport even though it is in the name.

lavender%20on%20maine%206.jpg

I even like this one and withe curved name and the fonts are a little deeper color on this one.

lavender%20on%20maine%209.jpg

Ok......waiting for critiques.....

Trappeur

`

I so badly wanted to mention black + white but was afraid you'd think " what the heck does that have to do with Victorian" lol ! Hands down

the black + whiteVery eye -catching and romantic but modern looking - love - love it ! BTW what FO is Blue Thistle ? 

Edited by Moonstar

YES! i love that black and white one! its so classy! 

its not particularly Victorian but i think it would fit in the shop from your description. 

I say that one.

the runner up for me would be the 4th one down of the hydrangea/ rose combo

• Like 1

Im with Siren - # 4 would be a runner up :) Just love the Black + white . Now Im so mad that I didn't mention that suggestion on my 1st post lol ! 

Honestly, you are so good at creating labels - I sense a side business in the works lol ! They are THAT good ! 

Omg!! I was debating whether or not to put that black one up in fear you all were going to think I lost it! lol  Wow!  So you do like it?  I think it would go to so I vote that for #1 myself.

Moonstar....there is no fragrance called Blue Thistle.....I just made it up.....lol

So #4 is the 2'nd runner up?  Is that the one under the tan label?

I love love black....my whole house is black, red and tent green.  If you look at my own personal labels that are  not made for shops, I have black in all of them....You know, I'm always getting asked for help in designing labels and I do help people but I take so friggin long on 1 label it's disgusting.  I wouldn''t make much money at it....lol

Trappeur

Are

18 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Im with Siren - # 4 would be a runner up :) Just love the Black + white . Now Im so mad that I didn't mention that suggestion on my 1st post lol ! 

Honestly, you are so good at creating labels - I sense a side business in the works lol ! They are THAT good ! 

You can say anything to me anytime Moonstar and it wouldn't hurt my feelings, so feel free anytime!:thumbsup2:

Trappeur

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Siren12 said:

yea the runner up for me would be the label under the tan one. But I think that you should go with/ show your account the Black and White one, for me the others don't even compare 

Actually, she left it up for me to decide and said surprise her....So I agree with the same options also...#1 for black and #4 for the other option and I want to I do the black...So lets see what everyone else says.....Thankyou!

Now, here comes the jar style....hmmmm

Well, I know the 8oz tins she is going with and the label will become a round one for that..But now the glass jar.  I'm thinking the 12oz status.

Trappeur

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

Definitely the black one. Very classy looking. Plus you are right... it should make any jar look upscale and expensive and chic. It also goes with antiquish looks because to me it has that 1930's retro look. I can picture a flapper picking up the jar. LOL!

Yeah!  your right candybee.....it does have a retro look to it.  Glad you like it too....

Trappeur

These are all beautiful, but having to choose I like #1 and #3.  I agree that for #1 it would be fun to try a lighter shade for the wood.  I also  wonder how #3 would look if you just took away the lace surrounding the Blue Thistle, Natural Soy label.  It would still look Victorian but less busy.  Good luck.  I sure do appreciate the work you already have done on these.  

The Black one is very modern, clean and nice looking but different from the rest. I like it but would personally not recommend it because it's more commercial, mainstream which doesn't work in certain scenarios. Plus, I find it would be more appropriate for a Bath/Body line.

The Tan one is my favorite. I think it has the most oomph! I would limit the color pallet some and maybe choose a darker color for the font. Placement is good but I wonder if the store name wouldn't look better if it were not arched but instead straight across. The only thing I could suggest is to maybe make the entire image look more like a stamp or wood cut or crosshatched pen/ink illustration something similar to a Victorian era newspaper advertisement. I'm a bit critical by trade but I think you have a solid design! Look really good! And well.. you know what they say about opinions. lol

Edited by rctfavr3
  • Like 1

Rctfavr3 actually I was thinking too of doing a label as a vintage pen/ink illustration and also a stamped look, but couldn't come up with a design that pleased me. Thanks for recommending it though.  One day maybe I will get another account that I could design a label like that.  It's so nostalgic that look.   Even though the black one is modern, and maybe a bit commercial, I really like it and think it will make a statement.

I sent pictures of the 2 labels to her and told her that I decided on the black one.  She loved them both so much, the black one and the one underneath the tan one and asked if I could do 2 different style candle jars and go with both labels. lol

So I was thinking for the black one since it is a sleek looking label, I would do the status jar for it.  And also do tins in it.

Now for the real victorian label, since she loves mason jars and intends on using them in displays with flowers in them, then that would be right up my alley and do the 16 canning jar which is my main jar for my biggest account, the apple orchard.  I was thinking of doing the lid for the canning jar in the old timey white washed lid (I hope Fillmore still has) or even the galvanized zinc lid could look really nice since the background of that label is a grayish color....The hunt is on.....

Thanks everyone for all your responses which I have taken everyone's consideration into.

Trappeur

• Like 2