Is weather affecting the burn?

I posted this to another thread, but wasn't sure if it would be buried, sorry if repeating.

Hi there, I have question to add to this topic. I started candle making this past spring, and after much testing, found that the HTP 93 wick was the perfect wick for C3 and the jar I'm using. I live in New Jersey, and am just entering into colder, dryer weather. I made 60 candles this past week to get ready for a show, and when I tested a couple of my candles, suddenly, after months of the 93's working perfectly, they're now not giving me a full burn pool. UGH!!!!! I am so frustrated. I can't imagine that I need to wick for weather... help. I am starting to question the wax. It's almost like the flame isn't as big now AND the wax is not burning out to the edges. When I wicked up one in the summer, it was too big. I'm so upset. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

image1.JPG

For how long did you burn this candle when you first lit it? 

What's the diameter of your container?

I don't know for sure if this information is completely accurate, but I'll share it anyway.

The source stated that this guideline was for soy wax ...

HTP - 93     Container up to 2-3/4" in diameter

I did the 4 hour test, and it burned almost to the edges. The jar is just at 2 3/4. I could go up one, but I remember this past summer that it seemed a little too big when I went up to the next size. I always err on the side of caution, and never want to worry that a flame is too big. The 93 worked well when it was warm out, but now that the weather has gotten cooler, seems like it could use the larger wick. 

Well, the one I am testing right now has only cured for 2 days. It seems to be burning better than the one I showed earlier in the thread. It's been burning for about 4 hours (attached pics). The other, pictured in the post above sat much longer, probably a couple of months, and I've been testing it off and on. Am I beating my head agains the wall expecting the same results every time? When do we just say, this is the best we can do...?? 

image3.JPG

image1.JPG

image2.JPG