Castile Soap

KrazeKelly

2 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

So pretty!! Love it!

I make mine in the week between Christmas and New Years. (Or at least that's when I plan on making it, sometimes it doesn't work out! LOL) 

I was going to make mine in January but that didn't happen so October it is. ? 

Oh my ! So so pretty ! Do you scent the castile bars or just leave ? So after a year they are not slimy - I bought a bar once + although it felt great it was 

slimy. Maybe its because of not curing enough ? So these just have OO - lye + water ? You are so talented. The roses IMO are a perfect touch :) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Oh my ! So so pretty ! Do you scent the castile bars or just leave ? So after a year they are not slimy - I bought a bar once + although it felt great it was 

slimy. Maybe its because of not curing enough ? So these just have OO - lye + water ? You are so talented. The roses IMO are a perfect touch :) 

Thanks!! No, this one is unscented and yes, it's 100% olive oil but I used coconut milk for the majority of my water. My last Castile cured for a year and it was not slimy to me. ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I know you were asking Kelly, but mine is actually a bastille. 75% OO 20% CO, 5% Castor. I don't know if it's because it's not 100% OO, or if it's because of the shower rack I use, but mine are never slimy either. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KrazeKelly said:

Thanks!! No, this one is unscented and yes, it's 100% olive oil but I used coconut milk for the majority of my water. My last Castile cured for a year and it was not slimy to me. ?

What do you SF at Kelly? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

I know you were asking Kelly, but mine is actually a bastille. 75% OO 20% CO, 5% Castor. I don't know if it's because it's not 100% OO, or if it's because of the shower rack I use, but mine are never slimy either. 

Good to know . The bar I was referring to I bought off of Etsy. I didn't have much lather either, is this typical in castile or bastille. It was very conditioning

though. I used it on my grandson when he was a baby to help with his exzema, TG he's outgrown it for the most part but still suffers from sensitivity.

Ive often wondered why so many babies have such skin conditions + adults too. Maybe I just don't remember but it seems as if so many have allergies now.

You two make such amazing products - love looking at all of your photos.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Good to know . The bar I was referring to I bought off of Etsy. I didn't have much lather either, is this typical in castile or bastille. It was very conditioning

though. I used it on my grandson when he was a baby to help with his exzema, TG he's outgrown it for the most part but still suffers from sensitivity.

Ive often wondered why so many babies have such skin conditions + adults too. Maybe I just don't remember but it seems as if so many have allergies now.

You two make such amazing products - love looking at all of your photos.

Low lather, high conditioning, and moisturizing is very typical of any high % OO soaps. That's why I add the CO and castor in mine, to boost the lather, but it's still not a high bubbler, and it is very conditioning. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2016 at 7:44 PM, KrazeKelly said:

Such patience! This looks quite pretty. The milk then gives it its color? 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1