Peak's Stock

Sndfrddy

Hi, I read a thread where people were wondering if Peak's was going out of business. Noticed they've been out of one of my scents for a while. Anyone hear anything? Wondering if I need to turn to dupes. Bad time of year for out of stocks so long. Thanks!

• Like 1

They have put me in a very bad place for several months. 

I have ordered from them monthly for a few years and it has NEVER been like this.

They have consistently told me a number of oils would be in by specific dates and each has passed that date often by an additional number of weeks.

I am very concerned.

Placed my small order with them yesterday and all 4 fragrances were in! So maybe whatever was going on has been resolved?  Of course like I said it was a small order.....can't wait to try the Harvest Moon fragrance! :D

Yikes NurseNancy hopefully soon on the Wild Mountain Honey....Awesome scent it is...but good news for me this last Friday when I got my email from Peak... ...My long awaited Red Clove is in and I grabbed some Apple Jack & Peel, Wild Cherry (have you tried this one before?...Reviews had me intrigued..so I went for it. :) ) and Wild Raspberry too while I was at it!!    :) Getting ready to do me some blends...yea! :) Thanks Peak for your awesome scents!!! :dance2:

Edited by puma52

• 2 weeks later...

Yep their oils are coming in bits and pieces. Waited three weeks to get what we needed, but worse was they weren't stocked up in other areas either. Am really not a fan of having to wait five days for mail to deliver something from the east. Hope they are able to get stock loaded up. That would be a benefit to them. 

• 3 months later...

And the problems with Peak Fragrances being out of stock continue.....Lilac is finally back in stock and Coconut Lime and Ocean our out.  I'm ready to start looking for other suppliers on these fragrances....This has consistently been happening for almost a year.  If anyone has some good alternatives, I'd love to hear about them.  I have a fundraiser coming up and two of their fragrances are on my list......very frustrating!!!! 

I think Fragrance Buddy's Salty Mariner is very similar to Peak's Ocean....anyone else?  They also have a Lilac and Coconut Lime Verbena so not sure if they're the same.  I just emailed FB and NG looking for some help with dups and also Peak to ask what the heck is going on......Peak is also one of the most expensive suppliers I use and to have to deal with inventory issues isn't cutting it.

Ever since Peak closed their Colorado warehouse, I've been trying suppliers I hadn't considered before.

I just got a sample of Aztec's Coconut Lime Verbena and Blackberry Sage, and both of them performed just as great as Peak's. I put the Coconut Lime Verbena in wax and used Blackberry Sage for CP soap. The CLV from Aztec threw just as strongly as Peak's, and the Blackberry Sage has the same strength of sage that I enjoyed so much from Peak's (others I've tried were all sweet and no sage). I've tried the CLV from Natures Garden, but it didn't seem to have the same strength as Peak's or Aztec's.

I tried Indigo Fragrance's Salty Mariner, and it was pretty close to Peak's Ocean...at least, I thought it was...but it's been a while since I've used either.

I asked about Sugar Cookie and Green Tea today.  Was told a couple of weeks for Sugar Cookie and longer for Green Tea.  I am needing both for fundraisers, so not sure what I'm going to do.  I used to never have to worry about Peak, but I guess I'll have to start looking for replacements.  I really like their fragrances, too, but it would be nice to know what's going on.  

I also called and did a preorder on Ocean and Coconut Lime which I was told would be back in stock in a week and a half.  I point blank asked if they were going out of business.  I was assured the problems are still related to stocking the second warehouse and I was assured by the customer service rep should be getting better.  For now I'm going to keep my fingers crossed!!!

9 minutes ago, blt212 said:

I also called and did a preorder on Ocean and Coconut Lime which I was told would be back in stock in a week and a half.  I point blank asked if they were going out of business.  I was assured the problems are still related to stocking the second warehouse and I was assured by the customer service rep should be getting better.  For now I'm going to keep my fingers crossed!!!

thanks for the update and info.  I hope it will be getting better, but I had the same issue last fall so I guess we'll wait and see.  and keep our fingers crossed! :)  

I can tell you that the owner of Peak built this company on outstanding product and customer service. I can tell you the owner and his wife are phenomenally smart, so I would look for that change to actually happen, because what's happening there isn't something that is characteristic of the company ... and I imagine those running the ship out there will have to get on board or find another luxury liner so to speak. 

25 minutes ago, Scented said:

I can tell you that the owner of Peak built this company on outstanding product and customer service. I can tell you the owner and his wife are phenomenally smart, so I would look for that change to actually happen, because what's happening there isn't something that is characteristic of the company ... and I imagine those running the ship out there will have to get on board or find another luxury liner so to speak. 

I have purchased from them for quite a few years and this is def out of character for them.  I just hope they get things back to "normal" soon.  waiting over a month for fragrances to come back in stock is no fun and missing deliveries for customers is even less fun.  

1 minute ago, SDM said:

I have purchased from them for quite a few years and this is def out of character for them.  I just hope they get things back to "normal" soon.  waiting over a month for fragrances to come back in stock is no fun and missing deliveries for customers is even less fun.  

Yes, I know. It only takes a few people to be negligent to ruin a good thing.  Trust me, I've been in that angry/inconvenienced etc. mode like others here, because there's a few FOs here we use that I can't imagine finding a replacement for. 

• Like 1