Pouring wax Embeds

I don't know about embeds, but when I am pouring tealights or small molds and votives I use a pour pot that is for making espresso drinks and such.  I'm pretty sure it's about 20 ounces and I only fill it half way.  It pours with good precision, and I keep a large pour pot filled with the wax I'm using in the water bath to keep it hot, then just fill the little pot as needed.  I have a lot less spillage and it just pours better, but yes...I don't fill it full.

• Like 1

Just now, TallTayl said:

I use little stainless steel creamers for small items like lip balm. They come in many different sizes. Got mine from webstaurant store online. 

lol

I used to use those...my daughter stole mine when she started making her lipstick.  I moved up to the larger milk steamers (I think that is what they might be called....I'm not a coffee drinker).  She makes lots of lipstick now, but still prefers those little milk creamers.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, birdcharm said:

LOL ... I use a small can of just about any sort --- I either push in one side of it and then crunch it to make a sharp spout, or step on it.  You can still pry open part of the can so you can work with your wax.

I like this idea!

Trappeur

On 9/24/2016 at 9:14 AM, Chefmom said:

I don't know about embeds, but when I am pouring tealights or small molds and votives I use a pour pot that is for making espresso drinks and such.  I'm pretty sure it's about 20 ounces and I only fill it half way.  It pours with good precision, and I keep a large pour pot filled with the wax I'm using in the water bath to keep it hot, then just fill the little pot as needed.  I have a lot less spillage and it just pours better, but yes...I don't fill it full.

Currently, I also just squeeze metal cans or tins to form a spout or I have some pouring containers with long spots from Rustic Escentuals. But I dont use those much because theya re plastic and the wax can cool too quickly in it (and harder to clean).

I am interested in the small espresso pots pots Chefmom mentioned. I will be looking for those. :)