What's in your pot this weekend?

10 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

It all looks great. I was in NY over the weekend, so got nothing business related done. Next weekend I plan on making up about 50lbs of wax (container candles, pillars, & tarts) and a couple Christmas themed soap loaves. 

Please hurry and get pictures up!!  I can't wait to see your Christmas soaps with all the glitter on them!

Trappeur

• Like 2

Thank you Trappeur. Those are 12oz round jars with CT lids I got from Fillmore. I will be making triple scented 3-layer candles in 16oz mason jars this week and using the green lids since these will be all Chrismas scents.

Yesterday I made my goat milk lotions. Today I have to label them. Then I have to make about 50 or so lip balms today but before I can do that I have to pick up some olive oil at the market to finish about 6 batches of soap I also need to do this week.

I just hop I have time to finish everything this week! LOL

Here is a pick of this year's candle labels. These are the fall candle labels. Decided to only do the name label on the side of the jar and save money by not adding additional labels on the lids this year. The warning labels on the bottom of the jars carry my company info:

Fall Candles 2016.jpg

Here is a pic of the goat milk lotions I just made. I am just completing my label designs and will then put the labels on them. I made from left to right; juicy apricot, honeysuckle rose, juniper aloe, and lavender with rosemary & sweet basil:

Lotions2.jpg

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 2

I am bummed that the palm wax I got didn't crystalize very well. The wax was on sale for 25% off and now I know why! Oh well, the candles are still very pretty and even thou the wax didn't fully crystalize it still has the characteristic burn and glow of palm wax so I am happy I saved money.

• Like 1

Just now, hickskr said:

Candybee, can I ask about your wick bars?  I'm new to candle making and those look like they're great for really centering the wick!

Kim

Not Candy, but I have some exactly like them, that I got from Peak many years ago. I think they still sell them out of their PA distribution warehouse. 

Candybee, you are amazing!! I have my very first show in Nov. and am so nervous. Lol Do you wick your palm candles to make a full melt pool or to kind of tunnel so that the light shimmers through the wax? I have read conflicting accounts but I think having it tunnel and shine through would look beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...
On September 4, 2016 at 0:51 PM, moonshine said:

Love them!! How exactly do you do this without them melting and where do you find such small molds 

Hobby Lobby has a descent selection of candy molds + Michaels selection is just Ok + then theirs JoAnne Fabrics too 

they're inexpensive too. Don't forget you can always use their 40% off coupon on any 1 item - I save that for more expensive 

items though. 

On 9/6/2016 at 10:11 AM, Candybee said:

I am bummed that the palm wax I got didn't crystalize very well. The wax was on sale for 25% off and now I know why! Oh well, the candles are still very pretty and even thou the wax didn't fully crystalize it still has the characteristic burn and glow of palm wax so I am happy I saved money.

Candybee, is that the Sparkle palm from Peaks?

1 minute ago, Candybee said:

That's the one.

I ordered 10# of it and just poured a few candles today.  I got lucky and got some nice crystals.  I was thinking of ordering a case but I'm wondering if it another order could potentially be different and not produce crystals.  That would be a disappointment since I want it for sparkly holiday candles.  I guess what I'm asking is if it's normal for there to be a lot of variance from one shipment to the next with palm?  I didn't do anything different.....heated to about 200, added dye and FO while on the heat, stirred about a minute, poured into jars, and insulated.