Tennessee Candle Supplies

A couple days ago I had a note left by my mailman that the package I ordered from here could not be delivered because I owed another $12. Which I totally wasn't understanding cause I already paid for shipping. Stop at PO to find out why and TCS charged me for a B box but used a bigger box.  I didn't pick it up cause I wanted to call and talk with someone cause I really didn't want to pay $30 for the small order I had purchased. Came home talked to a lady that was very nice. She said if I showed her my receipt she would reimburse me. I tried calling yesterday and today and it says that number is no longer in service. I can't believe that!!! :(:(:( 

I know that Kimberlie was having a hard time keeping TCS running with lack of business, and other issues after Brent's untimely passing, and she sent out a message a few weeks ago that the business was closing once the stock was depleted. Maybe that happened during this time-frame with you? Whoever you talked too should have been upfront about it though.  

8 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

A couple days ago I had a note left by my mailman that the package I ordered from here could not be delivered because I owed another $12. Which I totally wasn't understanding cause I already paid for shipping. Stop at PO to find out why and TCS charged me for a B box but used a bigger box.  I didn't pick it up cause I wanted to call and talk with someone cause I really didn't want to pay $30 for the small order I had purchased. Came home talked to a lady that was very nice. She said if I showed her my receipt she would reimburse me. I tried calling yesterday and today and it says that number is no longer in service. I can't believe that!!! :(:(:( 

I'm sorry Daisymay66 ...I hate to hear this.....they packed up and left a couple of days early.  :(

2 hours ago, puma52 said:

I'm sorry Daisymay66 ...I hate to hear this.....they packed up and left a couple of days early.  :(

Are you serious? Wow..I just can't imagine doing that. Like I said I can totally understand how hard that is/was for her but I just wouldn't thought that's how you would end things. :(:( 

Yes...it's not good.  I had no knowledge that they were going to do this. I  was thinking out loud that they just decided to shut it down a couple of days early. Ekk...sorry for the misunderstanding. These guys were such nice folks, it's just another sad business closing story we all have to deal with I guess.  Also very sad is that I called her realtor today and she had as of this morning not sold the business. Oh I was hoping someone could save the fragrance oils we all love. So sad to me! :(

Edited by puma52

Puma..

could you tell me a little more about it? What exactly would you get if a person did buy the business? I was thinking about it when I first heard but then she obviously sold off as much of her oils as possible. So you would get the codes to her oils and probably her customer contacts? Did she like just pack up and leave?

I know they worked out of their home.  You could always write her?  At this stage Daisy (I hate to say it) but if you want the products I'd probably just pay the 12.00. and just chalk it up...you know what I mean?

Trappeur

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

I know they worked out of their home.  You could always write her?  At this stage Daisy (I hate to say it) but if you want the products I'd probably just pay the 12.00. and just chalk it up...you know what I mean?

Trappeur

I do know what you mean and I did stop and get them. Don't know if I would have if I'd known it was gonna cost me over $30 but it's to late now. I did send another email but I got no response. Guess I'll just be glad I was sent what I ordered. Better to only be out $12 than $130

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Puma..

could you tell me a little more about it? What exactly would you get if a person did buy the business? I was thinking about it when I first heard but then she obviously sold off as much of her oils as possible. So you would get the codes to her oils and probably her customer contacts? Did she like just pack up and leave?

Hey Daisymay66... If you would buy the business, everything business owned  would go to you. As far as i know she is not leaving her home area in Jonesborough, just selling the business and doing something else.  I wonder how she will handle all this and how she would sell off what she has. I don't know if the realtor would stay involved at this point or another entity takes over. Maybe someone swooped in today and bought it. Wouldn't that be nice? Then again...perhaps none of us will ever hear anything about  the company or the scents again.

Guest OldGlory
16 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Puma..

Whoever buys the business is going to have to have pretty deep pockets. My guess is that everything that people wanted to buy went early.

To know precisely what is up for sale would require a call to her real estate agent.

Thanks Puma!

i think it that was me, I wouldn't of had any sale. Just for the simple reasoning that the sale of my business would look a WHOLE LOT BETTER if I had a bunch of inventory to go along with it! At least to me it would. Now if you do get anyone interested it's kinda like well you have to now buy all your oils on top of all the money you just put out. Idk maybe I'm thinking all wrong.

3 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Thanks Puma!

i think it that was me, I wouldn't of had any sale. Just for the simple reasoning that the sale of my business would look a WHOLE LOT BETTER if I had a bunch of inventory to go along with it! At least to me it would. Now if you do get anyone interested it's kinda like well you have to now buy all your oils on top of all the money you just put out. Idk maybe I'm thinking all wrong.

Your welcome Daisymay66. I have to agree...when selling your business...having a lot of stock to go with your price would be a really nice way for a person who bought the business to start out. Yes, it would be a very expensive start to your business having to restock the oils...yikes....but if they had a great presence on Facebook, Twitter, of course here on Craft Server and with the reputation that they already have for their oils, I would hope that they could start out with a bang. :)

• Like 1

So basically now that I'm assuming that she has sold off all of her inventory, all that is left that is for sale is her business name, vendors, her fragrance oil codes and a list of all the people who have bought from them and of course her reputation.  So  now your buying leads and your really starting over from scratch and building the business again, right?  I wonder how much cheaper the business now is with no inventory.

Trappeur

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Trappeur said:

So basically now that I'm assuming that she has sold off all of her inventory, all that is left that is for sale is her business name, vendors, her fragrance oil codes and a list of all the people who have bought from them and of course her reputation.  So  now your buying leads and your really starting over from scratch and building the business again, right?  I wonder how much cheaper the business now is with no inventory.

Trappeur

Actually....when I had called Ms Tipton on 8/30  I was broaching the subject of how the process of selling everything separately after 8/31 was going to work  and suddenly the line went dead. I called her back and was sent directly to voicemail...I take it that she was not interested in talking about it before the end of August. So perhaps now Ms Tipton may be open to discussion on this. She sounded quite down and unhappy about the fact the business had not sold yet and my question probably sent her over the edge. Oh well, a person will never know unless they ask or try to ask. :)

Edited by puma52

Why doesn't she just sell the codes off? Brent wanted to sell them for $70 each to everyone, it would work out that everyone could buy the codes and the fragrance house would get all the business. The only downside is that you would have to buy a lot of  oil at a time, but Kim would get a lot more than she needed.

she could just say until end of Oct, everyone that wants to buy a code pays X each and the codes get released at the same time so no one can resell them without Kim getting the cash, Kim then let's the fragrance house know.

OR

someone just buys her codes.

• Like 1

Since I've seen oils sold by Rustic Escentuals that were formerly sold by another company, would it be wise for us to email RE asking if they would be interested in the codes?  That is, if no one else on this board won't be buying them to resell.

Goldie

• Like 1

On 9/4/2016 at 6:02 AM, GoldieMN said:

Since I've seen oils sold by Rustic Escentuals that were formerly sold by another company, would it be wise for us to email RE asking if they would be interested in the codes?  That is, if no one else on this board won't be buying them to resell.

Goldie

Worth a shot