Peak - Out of Stock Fragrances

blt212

Anyone know what's going on with some of Peak's fragrances?  Ocean, Lilac, Coconut Lime Verbena have been out of stock for quite some time and now I see Amish Harvest is too!!  Never really had this problem until this year ... hoping they are selling out and not discontinuing?

Thank you,

• Like 1

Amish harvest was out of stock awhile ago but then was back in stock. Like you, I went to place an order on Amish Harvest and again, it was out of

stock :( If you call the toll free number you can ask them when they anticipate them back + they'll email you. Maybe people are buying in large

quantities + depleting stock ??? idk it is odd though. 

• Like 1

I will start by saying the I LOVE Peak. I will next say that they have put me in a bad place on fragrance oil inventory this summer!

They were out of stock on 8 oils I need and oddly, none of them were the ones you mention.

My business is not set up whereby I make or offer only what I have available or feel like making each week. It is also not one where I order one 4-8 ounce bottle of an oil at a time. I order 4-8 pounds of each oil at a time and order frequently. I have a scent list which persists year round and I offer not only ready to ship items in every scent (103 currently but now I understand lots of people here offer scent lists this size or much larger year round) as well as many items which can be custom ordered or blended in every scent, every week. 

My business is all online and my customers are nationwide and now in Australia and the U.K.

Since I run a legitimate business, I am serious about inventory of product and materials. I keep 1-10 pounds of every oil I use (more than 103 since my scents are mostly blends) as back stock-beyond the pound I am actively using. I am diligent and super organized. I do not run out unexpectedly and then discover the oils I want are out of stock. I plan well. 

Some oils have been out of stock for several weeks. I have enough back stock to last a few weeks but not consistently 4-6 weeks.

So, this summer has been very different. I hope it is a result of combining warehouses and not any issue with Peak or their suppliers (did I mention that I love them??).

I have had to remove several scents from my list off and on over the summer because I may use 1 oil in 4 scents (I blend) in my line-even just at a rate of 10%-but if I do not have enough of the oil I cannot open it up and get 100 orders which contain a scent from my list that uses that one oil. Also, as most customers do not order 2-3 items, but 20-30 items in each order, if I am out of some scents they want, they hold their orders. 

I currently await 4 oils to return to inventory. Again, not those that you mention so this is not random but more consistently an issue.

My order on the 4-5 that did come back in stock was $500. I will order just as heavily on the 4 I await since I do not know what to expect when I am ready to order which is VERY different for Peak. 

• Like 3

I've been waiting a few weeks for back-stock, too....I am looking at alternatives, though...it is really terrible for Karen and others who really need their inventory to be consistent! I feel so badly for you!

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me. Went to get some bartlett pear and its OOS but I need it now!

So when I was looking through FBs oils decided to try their pearberry and if I like it will just switch out. I like Peaks oils but they have become very pricey and if I can sub one somewhere else at a better price I will.

• Like 2

They were out of stock on birds of paradise, sage and lemongrass, and lavender for a while. Eventually they came back after weeks.  I'm wanting to try the white tea and ginger but the last time I checked they were out of that one. 

Edited by Sugarfoot

They've been out of Coconut Lime Verbena for some months now. I wanted CLV and Blackberry Sage a few months ago and both were out of stock. They told me they'd be in stock in two weeks. About 3-4 weeks later, I got an email that Blackberry Sage was back in stock but nothing yet for CLV.

I just called and they said Coconut Lime and Lilac came in yesterday and Amish Harvest and Ocean will be in by the end of next week.  I did ask what was up and she said since moving they've had some problems restocking and are working on getting everything back up to good inventory.  HTH.

• Like 1