Clamshell Supplier

So it appears that Peak is out of Clamshell's which is a real bummer as I need to order bulk today.  I've looked at Candle Wic and they appear to be the lowest cost out there for bulk (under 170$ shipped for quantity over 600) but I've never ordered or used anything from Candle Wic.  Anyone had any dealings with them or their clamshell product?  Anyone else have leads on bulk quality clamshells?

Thank you.

I hear that Maple Street Candle Company (www.maplestreetcandle.com) has the best price on clamshells, and they sell in bulk too. I think they have $8 flat rate shipping too.

Oh, I see they are on sale now.

Edited by Gsmakinsoap
  • Like 1

Wow, that is a heck of a deal!  Have you used them before?  I've used someone's other than Peak's once and they ended up melting when I poured at 130*, kind of leary about doing that again (talk about a mess!)

No, I haven't used them before. I haven't actually made any clamshells yet. I have some from the classies that I'll use eventually. After that I plan to order from Maple Street. I've joined their facebook page, and they seem to have happy customers. I did a search for "clamshells" on there for you, and here are some comments I found:

"I am not sure if it is just me or not but Maple StreetClamshells seem to be thicker and of higher quality than the ones I have been getting from my other supplier. I will order from this company again."

"I got a few tarts done yesterday! 
Love Maplestreet clam shells!"

"Charlie, I think I have a small obsession with your products!! Everything pictured here is with your products except my logos. Got my shipment in friday and I'm already out of clamshells! Good thing I ordered more last night! (Sorry they aren't great photos)"

"...Made a ton of clamshells a month ago with Charlie dye, wax, fo and containers and ordered mucho labels from Online labels - finally have margins straight (did I mention that for Christmas I got a nice new printer for labels?) and a quality print. Thank you Charlie Libengood and team for great products and service!"

Hope this helps. I'm really not affiliated with the company, just want to help you get a good deal if possible. :)

I bought some of his 1 oz single cavity clams and they are great.  I usually buy my 6 cavity from Impact 2 cases at a time but now that I know how good Maple Streets are I will most likely buy smaller quantities from him.

• Like 2

Impact is great pricing and shipping really is not bad but the minimum order is 2 cases so 1750 clams at a time.  It takes me about a year to use them which I guess isn't that bad.  It would be nice to get 1 case at a time.

Really wish Impact had a way for you to see what the shipping estimate would be prior to just putting in your account number.  I ended up ordering from Maple Street so we shall see how this works out.  Hoping they arrive before next weekend, I need to restock!

So my clamshell order from Maple Street arrived today.  The box survived the rough treatment from USPS fairly well although I could have boxed my USPS driver's ears for just throwing the box at my door with a loud thud.

They seem to hold up well on the pours but I have noticed that I have to cut back my wax weight a tad.  I generally make exactly 1lb of wax per batch ( i like the small batch process, what can I say), and that exact 1lb doesn't all fit into the clamshells.  I've started to cut back and I am down to 15.7oz's to prevent over filling the melts.

Otherwise, I like these clamshells.  Thanks for the recommendation.

• 2 months later...

So these clamshells have worked out well now that I've used a few hundred of them.  They are slightly smaller than the ones you get from Peak and do require a cut back in the weight of wax melted to about 15.6oz to ensure no overflow.  Will certainly be using them again for my next order!  I would recommend them for anyone looking for a bulk supplier.

30 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

Maple Street clamshell prices do not make sense.  It is cheaper to buy 2-50 packs than 1-100?  When not on sale, it is even higher.  Help me understand, please. :)

Goldie 

clamshell question.JPG

thats odd.  I bought an entire case.  This is likely due to a misconfiguration of the discount.  I'd send them an email and point it out.

On 7/9/2016 at 8:09 PM, e911 said:

So my clamshell order from Maple Street arrived today.  The box survived the rough treatment from USPS fairly well although I could have boxed my USPS driver's ears for just throwing the box at my door with a loud thud.

They seem to hold up well on the pours but I have noticed that I have to cut back my wax weight a tad.  I generally make exactly 1lb of wax per batch ( i like the small batch process, what can I say), and that exact 1lb doesn't all fit into the clamshells.  I've started to cut back and I am down to 15.7oz's to prevent over filling the melts.

Otherwise, I like these clamshells.  Thanks for the recommendation.

I've noticed the same thing from supplier to supplier, so now if that happens I just pour into candy molds or anything I have on hand and use them myself.  It saves from trying to weigh out less than full pounds.

20 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

I've noticed the same thing from supplier to supplier, so now if that happens I just pour into candy molds or anything I have on hand and use them myself.  It saves from trying to weigh out less than full pounds.

I do this as well. I have most my recipes made in ways I can do increments of half pounds. But, that being said, I still prefer not to do less than 1 pound as its just hard to keep the 

temp right when working with it and stirring. 2 pounds is my favorite. :)