How do you like them apples?

jfear

I'm like you , love all the fall scents ! I did order the buttercream from Tennessee too along with This Old House and Tangerine dreams .... the tangerine I'm sure will 

be softer once in wax but oob was sharp but nice :) I'll have to play with some blends using the buttercream although Im not the best at it :(

what I did blend in a bottle that smells pretty good so far, was Bramblerrys Oatmeal milk + honey with CS macintosh . the oat smell comes thru nicely .

I got the idea from a supplier - i think it was rustic esentials ? they have a oats +apples. but the shipping was one of the highest I've seen. But ill probably 

still get them. I was thinking trying their rustic lodge - birthday cake - toasted marshmallow. has anyone ordered from + tried any of the ones i mentioned.

One of my favorites from BB is citrus coconut :) to my nose its great ! 

• Like 1

CS Apples & Maple Bourbon is very nice. Like a sweet maplely apple. I don't smell the bourbon or aged oak barrel but I have had customers tell me they can smell the notes. Anyway its a nice alternative apple scent to have and customers love the name so much they pick it up to see if they can smell the bourbon and end up buying it for its unique scent.

Jfear-- It reminds me of warm caramel apples which makes a great fall/halloween scent. I think it would be perfect for your line of candle scents.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Candybee said:

CS Apples & Maple Bourbon is very nice. Like a sweet maplely apple. I don't smell the bourbon or aged oak barrel but I have had customers tell me they can smell the notes. Anyway its a nice alternative apple scent to have and customers love the name so much they pick it up to see if they can smell the bourbon and end up buying it for its unique scent.

Jfear-- It reminds me of warm caramel apples which makes a great fall/halloween scent. I think it would be perfect for your line of candle scents.

Thank you so much Candybee; I truly value your opinion and suggestions.

I'm placing my orders today; so excited to try all of these Fall fragrances!

Thanks again. :)

• Like 1

On April 22, 2016 at 6:51 AM, Moonstar said:

I'm like you , love all the fall scents ! I did order the buttercream from Tennessee too along with This Old House and Tangerine dreams .... the tangerine I'm sure will 

be softer once in wax but oob was sharp but nice :) I'll have to play with some blends using the buttercream although Im not the best at it :(

what I did blend in a bottle that smells pretty good so far, was Bramblerrys Oatmeal milk + honey with CS macintosh . the oat smell comes thru nicely .

I got the idea from a supplier - i think it was rustic esentials ? they have a oats +apples. but the shipping was one of the highest I've seen. But ill probably 

still get them. I was thinking trying their rustic lodge - birthday cake - toasted marshmallow. has anyone ordered from + tried any of the ones i mentioned.

One of my favorites from BB is citrus coconut :) to my nose its great ! 

Moonstar, If you order from Rustic Escentuals, be sure to try their toasted marshmallow. It's amazing! Their birthday cake is good too.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Belinda said:

Moonstar, If you order from Rustic Escentuals, be sure to try their toasted marshmallow. It's amazing! Their birthday cake is good too.

I second that!

Moonstar--You may also want to try from AH/RE:

Plumberry Spice, Little Black Dress, Black Cherry and Fresh Cut Roses...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Moonstar said:

honestly Belinda , you are the sweetest person :) its on my list , hows the bonfire or the rustic lodge - have you tried those ? 

Bonfire Bliss is really good too. I think I have tried Rustic Lodge but it's been awhile but  I think it has an apple spice smell to it and I liked it. You can't really go wrong with most of their oils. Like any other supplier they have a few duds too.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm late to the party discussing apple scents, but my very favorite  is Rustic Escentuals Baked Apple, Home Interiors type. Remember all those Home Interiors parties in the 80's? Sometimes I couldn't afford anything but a Baked Apple candle, but that was OK, because I loved that fragrance, and still do.

When I first started making candles, I bought all kinds of apple pies, apple strudels, and apple dumplings FOs, searching for that scent from the 80's.  I was so happy when I discovered RE carried it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GailC said:

I'm late to the party discussing apple scents, but my very favorite  is Rustic Escentuals Baked Apple, Home Interiors type. Remember all those Home Interiors parties in the 80's? Sometimes I couldn't afford anything but a Baked Apple candle, but that was OK, because I loved that fragrance, and still do.

When I first started making candles, I bought all kinds of apple pies, apple strudels, and apple dumplings FOs, searching for that scent from the 80's.  I was so happy when I discovered RE carried it.

So glad you posted this! Long before I ventured into candle making, my go-to candle was the Home Interiors Baked Apple. Smelled amazing throughout the whole house!

I had not realized that RE sells this. I love RE; I will be ordering this one soon!

Gotta love those 80s fragrances!

Edited by jfear

• 2 months later...
On May 22, 2016 at 0:06 PM, GailC said:

Oh my, I finally got around to trying RE's Baked Apple HI; it's incredible! So strong, accurate and exactly what I was looking for in an apple pie fragrance for The Fall. The best! Thanks again for this suggestion, so good!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jfear said:

Oh my, I finally got around to trying RE's Baked Apple HI; it's incredible! So strong, accurate and exactly what I was looking for in an apple pie fragrance for The Fall. The best! Thanks again for this suggestion, so good!

Which Apple Pie did you get - I got The Home Made Apple Pie (KY) Mines really good too) Did you test in wax melt or candle ? I forgot what kinda

wax for candles you said you use. I'll be posting my OOB reviews from RE's 20 for $20 sale very soon. I was like a kid at Christmas today lol ! 

Which others did you get + really liked ? 

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Which Apple Pie did you get - I got The Home Made Apple Pie (KY) Mines really good too) Did you test in wax melt or candle ? I forgot what kinda

wax for candles you said you use. I'll be posting my OOB reviews from RE's 20 for $20 sale very soon. I was like a kid at Christmas today lol ! 

Which others did you get + really liked ? 

I have the "Baked Apple HI" which is the Home Interiors' dupe. It's seriously so good (spicy, crisp and just enough sweet). It is easily my favorite apple next to CS "Apple Harvest". I've tried basic apple pies from numerous suppliers which have all disappointed except for this one.

I ordered from the RE sale as well, my standouts are "Apple and Pumpkin Strudel" and "Spiced Autumn Wreath". Basically, I love all the oils I ordered but these 3 are stellar.

RE is currently my favorite FO supplier, I'm kind of obsessed. I am actually ok with their shipping on the higher end; if it wasn't I would be ordering all the time!

30 minutes ago, jfear said:

I have the "Baked Apple HI" which is the Home Interiors' dupe. It's seriously so good (spicy, crisp and just enough sweet). It is easily my favorite apple next to CS "Apple Harvest". I've tried basic apple pies from numerous suppliers which have all disappointed except for this one.

I ordered from the RE sale as well, my standouts are "Apple and Pumpkin Strudel" and "Spiced Autumn Wreath". Basically, I love all the oils I ordered but these 3 are stellar.

RE is currently my favorite FO supplier, I'm kind of obsessed. I am actually ok with their shipping on the higher end; if it wasn't I would be ordering all the time!

Do you get crust too - Im with you Im usually disappointed with Apple Pie . Thanks for letting me know . I just posted my review for OOB on mine - its SO fun lol !

• 2 weeks later...
On August 18, 2016 at 6:52 PM, Moonstar said:

Do you get crust too - Im with you Im usually disappointed with Apple Pie . Thanks for letting me know . I just posted my review for OOB on mine - its SO fun lol !

Okay, here's what I've met on my Apple Pie journey:

? Peak's "Warm Apple Pie": Possibly the most accurate, crust too! But sadly, it's super weak; no cold or hot throw for me. 

?Rustic Escentuals' "Homemade Apple Pie": Wow, this one is good. Not a lot of crust yet a superb sharp apple with just enough spice. Great throws, cold and hot.

?Rustic Escentuals' "Baked Apple HI": This one is stellar. It's not so much a pie as it is an incredible apple/cinnamon blend. It's more like Apple Pie made with Cinnamon Red Hots! It's awesome.

Edited by jfear
  • Like 2

Thanks jfear ... I did get a sample of RE Homemade Apple Pie (KY) during their recent sale so can't wait to try it in my wax for melts. I think 

I'll just add some pie crust . I believe both Peak + ICS carries one but will most likely order from ICS since I need to place an order anyhow.

I got the same results as you did with Peak's and Fillmore's Apple Pie was just so - so on HT for me too. Fillmore's Nutmeg Ginger on the 

other - hand is VERY strong. Almost too much, so I cut back a tad on that one. I noticed Fillmore has a few new Fall FO's , Cider Donut 

being one of them. Man, I can't get over that summer is over. Not sure about you guys but for me, it FLEW by. But I do love Fall ! :)

Can't wait for Cider Mills - Cider + warm cinnamon donuts YUM !!!!