Cucumber & Avocado Facial Bars

Candybee

I made two different cucumber & avocado facial bars yesterday. I used a whole avocado and 2 cucumbers for the puree. I use the puree as part of my liquid. The other is aloe vera juice.

One is scented with juniper aloe EBB and the other is amber romance Fillmore-- which I am trying out for the first time.

Juniper aloe in the mold. Colors are neon green & spirolina

Hydrating Cucumber.jpg

Cut pics

Hydrating Cucumber2.jpg

Amber Romance Facial.jpg

Amber romance in the mold above. Colors are neon yellow with neon green for lime green, and mocha brown. The colors look much better in person and didn't photograph very well.

Cut pics of amber romance. I'm practicing a simple layered color drop. I just love how pretty they turned out.

Amber Romance2.jpg

More cut pics

Amber Romance3.jpg

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 4

WOW ! Gorgeous colors + such pretty pictures - I love the one with the pretty pink flowers ! Ive often wondered about adding avocado - does 

adding that effect how long it lasts - do you add it to the water stage pureed ? very interesting + i bet its moisturizing too :)

Moonstar I add the puree directly to the soap batter. I split my liquid so my lye solution is made with aloe juice and that allows me to use the puree as my remaining liquid portion. It doesn't prolong the soap life or diminish it. It lasts as long as regular soap bars. The trick is in the recipe for making it stable. The cucumber & avocado puree adds ultra creamy lather and skin hydration. Perfect for a facial bar. The recipe is also for a facial bar so its high conditioning with low bubbly.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

sorry-- I edited that to low bubbly. Low bubbly doesn't mean it doesn't lather, just that its much higher in creamy lather rather than bubbly. That also makes it better for a facial bar. I also use olive, grapeseed and avocado oils in the recipe. You really have to watch the fatty acid profile to make sure the recipe won't produce DOS. I worked on the recipe for a long time tweaking it until I got it right.

• Like 1