Today's Soaps

Candybee

All theses soaps were made yesterday and cut today.

First up is some Lemon Verbena in the mold. Thought I would try something different and add a little purple. I am liking it but I need to work on the right amount of it to add.

56eaf326848ff_LemonVerbena3-17-16.jpg.b5

some cut pics

56eaf2ffbaacb_LemonVerbena3-17-16B.jpg.c

more cut pics

56eaf2d72766b_LemonVerbena3-17-16C.jpg.8

Next is some Ginger LIme. The colors came out just the way I wanted them too so I am happee!! I used ginger and lime EO's and it smells unbelievably good. Ginger Lime in the mold

56eaf2a5514c3_GingerLime3-17-16B.jpg.5af

Another angle of ginger lime in the mold. I really like how the lime color came out. I have been working on developing just the right lime. It could use just a tad more green but so far is the best I have done.

56eaf273ce0f4_GingerLime3-17-16.jpg.fe52

Some cut pics

56eaf242c7382_GingerLime3-17-16D.jpg.083

Last I have some Coconut Lime in the mold. I just love this fragrance. I use CS and add a little lime EO so the scent pops!

56eaf1c5a5811_coconutLime3-17-16B.jpg.09

Some cut pics. Looks like I have a little bit of glycerine rivers but I like the look. Makes the colors look like a 'crackle' paint effect.

56eaf19b63fce_CoconutLime3-17-16.jpg.307

More cut pics

56eaf16f9fb1d_CoconutLime3-17-16C.jpg.86

Thanks for looking!

• Like 1

Holy cow! I have trouble managing my masterbatch pail of 14 lbs oil. I guess you use a scooper of some sort to get the oil out.

I do different recipes so 50 lbs of the same oil recipe would be too much. But I do need to start doing masterbatches for 21 lbs oil per recipe as soon as I get a couple more molds.

It stays slushy when cool, so it's pretty easy to just stir up, then spoon it out. Also while making my masterbatches, I do separate some out in each of my soaping oil pitchers so those are ready to go whenever I want to soap without weighing scooping from the masterbatch pail. . 

I have 3 'main' recipes that I use all the time, but only masterbatch this one. I found that my Luxury Butter mixture is too hard to keep mixed unless I babysit it while it's cooling since each of the butters seem to cool at a different rate. And the other main recipe is just 2 oils so I see no sense in masterbatching that one. 

I do have other recipes that I make, but not often enough to justify a masterbatch. 

This is how I do it, very easy, and 50lbs with fit perfectly in 2 5 gallon buckets (I do 25lbs at a time for each bucket so they are mixed correctly) 

masterbatch.jpg

• Like 1

I have 10 of them (all full with oils now! :)) - 5 red and 5 white. The last time I was at the Dollar Tree they had mustard yellow and a sage green. I wish I would have gotten them though, because I have heard people are having a hard time finding them now, and I looked on the DT site, and it didn't show them as available. I love these pitchers. They are so convenient for my sized batches...  

19 hours ago, Faerywren said:

How do the citrus EOs hold in your CP, Candybee?

Lime is fantastic. I use it all the time. Other good citrus EOs that work great are lemongrass and litsea cubeba. I have had both good luck and mixed luck with grapefruit and lemon. Seems as long as I use them in combination with a FO or other EOs that enhance their scent then that usually works. For example I use grapefruit Fo and pink grapefruit EO together for one of my soaps and it is a huge seller and smells soooooo good and strong!

Ones that haven't worked well for me are orange and tangarine. I tried the 10x orange and its smelled wonderful in the soap but faded. I find it a waste to buy. I haven't tried a 15x orange... I know I saw it somewhere or heard about it but haven't found it. But then you have to be careful using orange EO because it will make your skin sun sensitive.