Good hot ginger FO?

chevril

Hi,

Has anyone here found a good hot ginger FO? Bitter Creek crushed ginger and CS ginger saffron are way too mild. I'm looking for the scent of candied ginger or fresh cut ginger root (not a gingerbread scent). Thanks for any info!  ?

Don't know if you are going to find a true hot ginger. I have found blends but not that fresh cut raw peppery ginger scent in any of them. The price of ginger EO is so frickin expensive right now

So manufacturers of ginger FOs have to settle for small amounts of ginger EO or use scent dupes for ginger notes. Always happens when the EO price goes sky high. Same thing with mysore sandalwood. It's about $300 an oz.  Can't find a really true sandalwood.

I have ginger passion from Peaks and it smells nice but sort of fruity with hints of floral in it. Haven't put it in anything yet. Bought it to try out in CP as I couldn't afford ginger EO.

I did finally buy some ginger EO I found at a reasonable price and its good but not quite true ginger. Close enough thou... has a nice peppery note and I can smell ginger root. Got it at Camden-Grey. going to try it in CP and blend it with lime for ginger lime. (Dont care for the ginger lime FOs so wanted to make my own!) Same thing--- the ginger in the FO wasn't up to par for me.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Candybee said:

Don't know if you are going to find a true hot ginger. I have foun                                 d blends but not that fresh cut raw peppery ginger scent in any of them. The price of ginger EO is so frickin expensive right now                                  ]]

So manufacturers of ginger FOs have to settle for small amounts of ginger EO or use scent dupes for ginger notes. Always happens when the EO price goes sky high. Same thing with mysore sandalwood. It's about $300 an oz.  Can't find a really true sandalwood.

I have ginger passion from Peaks and it smells nice but sort of fruity with hints of floral in it. Haven't put it in anything yet. Bought it to try out in CP as I couldn't afford ginger EO.

I did finally buy some ginger EO I found at a reasonable price and its good but not quite true ginger. Close enough thou... has a nice peppery note and I can smell ginger root. Got it at Camden-Grey. going to try it in CP and blend it with lime for ginger lime. (Dont care for the ginger lime FOs so wanted to make my own!) Same thing--- the ginger in the FO wasn't up to par for me.

Oh, so that's why it's hard to find! And I'm glad you mentioned the sandalwood problem because I've had the worst time trying to find FO and none of them are even close to true sandalwood. Now I get why. I wonder if homemade ginger EO could work with soy wax? I've been tempted to try my hand at making EOs. Hmmm... now I wonder if my difficulty trying to find Black Walnut FO is due to expense                                                                                                       ,