Clamshell Labels

Candle guy

Hey everyone,

I have a ink jet printer and a program to where I can design my own labels. I have been researching Avery to find the right label for my clam shells. Every time that I call or speak to someone from there, they seem to have no clue on which labels will work for me. I also browsed online but they have millions of them. I have 6 clam shell cavities with roughly 2" and 5/8  width and 3" and a half length. Does anyone have suggestions on where I can buy labels for these clam shells or where to find them? I will print them myself. Thanks

Kandlekrazy,

I have used Avery's software and it always messes my labels up. I will print to edge and then it's great for 1 label but then it gradually runs off the page. I have been using it 4ever but it never seems to work 100%. I have black borders on my labels so when I print, it leaves the border but with white from the labels on the edge of it. I use a design program separate from Avery

Guest OldGlory

I really hate alignment issues and I've had them since starting to print my own labels. Doesn't matter which printer brand, they've all screwed up labels. Makes me crazy. So I settle for a full page and cut them myself, and I only do squares and rectangles. (labels for my wholesale client are professionally done)

Old Glory,

That is a great idea! I ordered from online labels and I will try them out. If I am unsuccessful with the alignment, I think that trying your method may work better. Barbaranj I will take a look at this website and thank you. Wicking candles and labeling have been the toughest thing for me, who knew? Hahahaha

I use the same ones Chris does and they fit perfect and are so easy to align on the clam- are you talking about getting your design aligned on the label and printed correctly?

Online labels has a program you can design right off and they should print perfectly - you pick the label size and design your label and when you go to print it will take you through the settings to use

Good luck, alignment issues are the worst.   I use Avery for my round caution labels and never have a problem.  I use an old version of Print Shop, I think its 22 for my color labels that go on top of melts or on candles.

I had alot of problems with labelsbythesheet's templates but maybe it's a template/software/printer compatibility issue?  Now I have ordered labels from them many times, just don't use their template anymore.

Kandlekrazy,

Yes its definitely an alignment issue in regards to printing off Avery. Online labels gave me a 3 month label program to use. As soon as I get my labels in the mail I will use it. I am not sure how it will workout. I will keep everyone updated on our results.