Mermaid

kandlekrazy

I want to blend a fragrance that reminds you of Mermaids, nothing fishy lol.  Does anyone have a fo you call Mermaid or Mermaid's Tail?

If not, Please help!!   What would you blend?  I have a couple of beach scents like Cairn's Sunset and Something Sands, I've renamed them that I tried blending and it smells good just not beachy enough.  I typically don't like Ocean scents, but willing to try a good one.

We have a big sea glass event and all our merchants in town decorate with Mermaids, it's coming up in March so I need to get going on this!

I'm going Instagram blind so had to use bigger font/

• Like 1

I like Peaks Ocean with a little added Freesia. Its a nice floral type ocean scent that has sold well for me. I also like CS Hawaiian Breeze and Beach Linen for alternative beach themed scents.

Other good ocean type scents are AH Salty Mariner.  FB also has it.

Haven't tried it yet but I have heard great reviews of MW's Sea Witch. FB carries Sea Witch.

Edited by Candybee

Mermaids do remind me of fish! Lol

But seriously sea witch from FB the MW dupe is amazing

Very nice water scent with no floral notes a touch of briney and kelp

I call mine tahquamenon falls and it's one of my best sellers

Another one Ah/re sea kelp- this is more powdery water - very very nice and their salty mariner is good

Sea salt and avacado JS is another good one and

• Like 1

To me florals add a feminine quality and an ocean scent or briny scent alone is not enough. It should have some feminine notes so that's why I would add something floral, musk, or even woodsy or even ambery or powdery to it.

I also thought of the Hawaiian Breeze or Beach Linen could be a sea type goddess or Hawaiian theme scent or something other than an ordinary ocean scent. To me simply ocean is too predictable. It needs a feminine mystique added.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions!  I'm going to order my AH/RE order today since I put it on the back burner a while back.

Someone local suggested mixing Patchouli with an Ocean scent...old hippie town here so it just might work...earth meets ocean?

Thanks for the suggestions!  I'm going to order my AH/RE order today since I put it on the back burner a while back.

Someone local suggested mixing Patchouli with an Ocean scent...old hippie town here so it just might work...earth meets ocean?

Check out their water scents. http://rusticescentuals.com/Water-Air-Ozone/

They have patchouli rain, salty mariner, and sea kelp all listed on the same page. That might make an interesting combo right there for your mermaid! BTW, all 3 have 5 star ratings.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 2

Dang, didn't see the patchouli rain and already placed my order.  But I have several ocean & rain type fo's that I can blend and see.  I did order Salty Sea Air, just to see how different it is from

the ones I have.  I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever ordered a dud from AH/RE, seem to work well in my wax.  I have a bunch of beach scents from Flaming Candle also that I can look into

blending.  I think driftwood & Salty Sea Air might be a nice year round blend for me, going off descriptions right now.

I am eyeing that sea kelp from AH. Been looking for another salt bar fragrance that doesn't discolor. I should check to see if any reviews say whether it does or not.

Sea kelp is interesting. I don't like it *at all* by itself, but as a note in something else it is nice.

Ah/re Waterlily and jasmine is a fresh water blend that can be a nice note in something oceanic.

I have a small bit of an Ambergris accord i would love to have made into soap and candle fragrance. Ambergris is a perfect base for ocean inspired scents without the perfumey notes most of the typical scents lend. Ozone is a difficult note to nail, but if you're into perfumery at all, Ultrazur from The Perfumers Apprentice is *the one*. A single drop in a blend adds the missing note,

• Like 1

On 1/28/2016 at 0:10 PM, TallTayl said:

I am eyeing that sea kelp from AH. Been looking for another salt bar fragrance that doesn't discolor. I should check to see if any reviews say whether it does or not.

Sea kelp is interesting. I don't like it *at all* by itself, but as a note in something else it is nice.

Ah/re Waterlily and jasmine is a fresh water blend that can be a nice note in something oceanic.

I have a small bit of an Ambergris accord i would love to have made into soap and candle fragrance. Ambergris is a perfect base for ocean inspired scents without the perfumey notes most of the typical scents lend. Ozone is a difficult note to nail, but if you're into perfumery at all, Ultrazur from The Perfumers Apprentice is *the one*. A single drop in a blend adds the missing note,

Hey TallTayl...I have a question for you. My curiosity is peaked. This Ultrasur sounds really nice....it can be used in both candles and bath and body? Seriously...just a drop or two per lb of wax or bath and body product? Thanks so much. :) 

• 6 months later...

There is a fragrance called Mermaid No 1 - if you have a Anthropology store near you they sell it there. Its really pretty - soft + smells of neroli/orange blossom

flowers + clean water type scent - very hard to describe scent but very pretty.