Favorite Valentines Scents for Candles

coachtom

Chocolate Raspberry, not really my fav but it sells really well.  Maybe it's the hearts I put all over the label?  Not even sure where to get it anymore as my supplier went out of business.

Also Chocolate Amber, which seems to sell all year long.

One that I think of is Lush's Sex Bomb (dupe by Fragrance Buddy). To me, it's quite floral but feminine too! :) It's definitely unique! If you google it, you'll find it's quite a lovely scent and is one of Lush's most popular/top selling bath bombs.

CS raspberry truffle

Pink sugar- would be interesting to mix with cinnamon for a red hot kiss name

Rose- not unique but traditional

Idk......that sex bomb sounds interesting - I don't really do valentines candles so I can't help much - my busiest seasons are Christmas, Spring and Fall

One that I think of is Lush's Sex Bomb (dupe by Fragrance Buddy). To me, it's quite floral but feminine too! :) It's definitely unique! If you google it, you'll find it's quite a lovely scent and is one of Lush's most popular/top selling bath bombs.

It's jasmine, clary sage and Ylang ... at least by Lush. FB is notes of coconut, lily, lavender, and jasmine with a base of musk and woods ... and yet DayStar's was top notes of orange; middle notes: jasmine, spice; and bottom notes: sandalwood, amber, sugared musk.

It is one of Lush's more popular bath bombs but I wonder just how off all the fragrances are in trying to match it lol!

Edited by Scented

Now for suggestions:

From AH/RE

Strawberry Musk

Sweet Amber Musk

Golden Opium

NG

Misbehavin'

(and likely any of the NG originals unless they've renamed them ... Dr. Feel Good, Desire, etc. ... not )

Cognac and Cubans (for the man ... cannot forget the man)

Peak

Beach Daisies (but it might be great as a combo with someone's Pink Sands ... just sayin' ... this is a good stand alone and a mixer FO)

Country Garden is quite nice and might zing a little more with a hint of white tea and ginger or something else too.

Backwoods

Pink Amber (girls)

Blue Amber (boys)

Candle Cocoon

Chocolate Suede

Geisha (maybe)

Rose Petals and Cream

Sultry Angel

White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle

Candle Science

Violet Lime

Elements Bath & Body

Madagascar Vanilla Orchid

Sensuous Black Rose

(There were a few that looked tempting to me in her list also)

Flaming Candle Company

Beautiful Day

Be Enchanted

Black Cedarwood and Juniper ... (think man ... think oh my ... very sexy earthly blend that mixes well with other things)

(But check out what all they have to offer)

Check out Indiana Candle Supply. There are a range of fragrances there too.

I guess my post is more showing there's something everywhere.

Black Cedarwood and Juniper ... (think man ... think oh my ... very sexy earthly blend that mixes well with other things)

One of my favorites. Love this scent. It's like a mix between Cedarwood, Leather, Amber, Talcum Powder, with the tiniest pinch of Cumin to me. 

It's meant to be a duplication of the popular 'Black Cedarwood & Juniper' Jo Malone scent. 

One of my favorites. Love this scent. It's like a mix between Cedarwood, Leather, Amber, Talcum Powder, with the tiniest pinch of Cumin to me. 

It's meant to be a duplication of the popular 'Black Cedarwood & Juniper' Jo Malone scent.

I know, but I don't know the meant to be ... I just know the whiff I took from the bottle and then the mix I made from it that ended up in the December realm of candles, but it has an extreme overall year value to it I think. Try it at a 1:1 with frosted pine for the winter, though I think FP gets swallowed in it ... but it is mighty fine all alone.

Edited by Scented

It's jasmine, clary sage and Ylang ... at least by Lush. FB is notes of coconut, lily, lavender, and jasmine with a base of musk and woods ... and yet DayStar's was top notes of orange; middle notes: jasmine, spice; and bottom notes: sandalwood, amber, sugared musk.It is one of Lush's more popular bath bombs but I wonder just how off all the fragrances are in trying to match it lol!

Heehee! So true! I actually stopped by Lush today and the FB dupe seems a bit overpowering/harsh for the Sex Bomb scent. The bath bomb was quite soft and mellow :) Though I did try Rose Jam because I was too scared to buy a FO of it online to sample and it has a Velentine's smell to me!

If only I was w/in any kind of distance to a Lush, I would compare the actual RJ scent with the putridness I pick up out of the FB bottle ... and I'm thinking it isn't just limited to FB. Flaming Candle sent it to me as sample and while it wasn't as distinctively harsh as Fragrance Buddy's it was still unappealing to me ... can't say that when I put some into bath bombs that I was even close to a liking status with it ... probably a big shame on me!

If only I was w/in any kind of distance to a Lush, I would compare the actual RJ scent with the putridness I pick up out of the FB bottle ... and I'm thinking it isn't just limited to FB. Flaming Candle sent it to me as sample and while it wasn't as distinctively harsh as Fragrance Buddy's it was still unappealing to me ... can't say that when I put some into bath bombs that I was even close to a liking status with it ... probably a big shame on me!

:) There's one in our mall so we got to stop by after visiting Cold Stone *drool* I've tried about 5 Lush scents from FB and I'm not sure if it's just me, but they all kind of smell similar to one another, especially Rock Star and Creamy Candy! I can't tell the difference really, but even they were really harsh compared to how they smelled in the store. So unnatural smelling, the FO's that is. Maybe sometime I should try and pick up some bath bombs and share ....once I get over their high prices! They have good ingredients but the frugal side of me cringed at a $33 bottle of 19 fl. oz of hair conditioner :mellow:

Oh the prices are  :faint:  for sure!!

Here's the thing though, we shouldn't judge by OOB, but when it's bad enough that you just wanna recap and put it away till far later, then it's hard not to judge. I did make some RJ because someone said it wasn't so bad in something. So all the harsh ones you smell, put them in something anyway. They will change into something less drastic (usually.) 

I couldn't help you with Rock Star and Creamy Candy ... I have the RS from DayStar I believe, but don't have the other. There are quite a few I wish I did have, because I'm curious ... just the person who has the cash isn't as curious as I am yet. 

I would tell you to learn to make  your bath bombs w/ their scent or a knock off somewhere. You are lucky you can go and sniff with ease   ;)

That sounds like a plan! And oh so true out trying them OOB! I have such a bad habit of doing that! I get so excited about the oils when they come in the mail and you can smell them through the packaging! Just wanna rip them open and sniff them all :D