Mr. Missy's Watermelon FO

mindy5140

I've been searching for a similar Watermelon for years, has anyone ever found a similar scent? It smelled like a juicy ripe watermelon not tart, didn't smell like candy.. I do have an ounce left that I've been hoarding for years. I figure if nobody knows of something similar, I'll just get it duped.

The only watermelon I will use is from Genwax (think they're now candlemakingsupplies.net).  It's the most authentic smelling watermelon I've tried and I've tried quite a few until I found this one.  Their juicy bits of orange is also perfection.

Yep been using this one for years and it's still the best!

• Like 1

They sure don't make it easy to find the skin/soap safe ones :( only a few have any indication of being usable in anything but candles.

Yep they are a pain in the ass when it comes to  listing soap safe.  Genwax was a little better but not much. 

Gran I've used the Juicy Bits of Orange for many, many years and when I used to use straight soy wax it did work well without the dreaded fuel smell.  I've never put it in CP soap, I prefer my 5X Orange EO.

Their floral FO's are always dead on true scents & using less of their oils is always better than more - 1/2 oz./lb. was always the norm for me.

Thank you!! I'll have to get me some of the watermelon from there, including the orange and the floral scents. January 12th when they open back up, fudge I know my list is going to grow by then.

Edited by mindy5140
  • Like 1

soshiegirl & ChrisR

do you use soy wax for the juicy bits of orange and watermelon?

is there any others from there that you like really well?

I have heard so much about the juicy orange, i just have to try it...

have you tried it in cp soap?

I use a soy paraffin mix so I can't say what it will be like in straight soy although I can't imagine it won't throw.  You will love their juicy bits of orange, it's so good no fuel.  One word of caution, their oils are super strong so you might need to adjust your % till you get what you like.  

To be honest, those are the only two I use as shipping is quite expensive, as you've noticed.  Try them, you won't be sorry.

• 1 year later...

This is an offshoot, but I am an addict- I keep reading about vendors I haven't heard of before and I'm thinking- What else do I not know about??!! 

I see all the same FO vendors and then someone say "watermelon from Genwax" and I go all crazy wondering what else is out there. 

If anyone would like to share favorite scents from specific vendors in a post, that would be awesome. I know there's a list, but they may not all be of the same caliber, and how can we know what's crap and what's not? 

Sorry to interrupt.

On 1/5/2016 at 11:03 AM, soshiegirl said:

The only watermelon I will use is from Genwax (think they're now candlemakingsupplies.net).  It's the most authentic smelling watermelon I've tried and I've tried quite a few until I found this one.  Their juicy bits of orange is also perfection.

Their prices are so reasonable. Do you use their FOs regularly? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2017 at 9:09 PM, glasllyn said:

Their prices are so reasonable. Do you use their FOs regularly? 

I do have several of their oils.  They are nice and strong.  Their juicy bits of orange is another favorite!

Edited by soshiegirl
Forgot to add something
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, soshiegirl said:

I do have several of their oils.  They are nice and strong.  Their juicy bits of orange is another favorite!

Well you've done it again lol ! I just couldn't help myself and to go peek around that site. I don't see a watermelon FO BUT I did see a pink melon so Im 

assuming thats what many on here are referring to ? The blood Orange also sounds interesting with notes on tonka + vanilla bourbon. What else is good 

from them ? One thing I did notice though that I wasn't so thrilled about was most all of the oils are not skin safe. Some were safe for soap but didn't 

mention lotion or roll on perfume. I really wish the watermelon was skin safe :( 

• Like 1

Looking through the earlier posts, it seems that the pink melon and the watermelon that many of you were referring to are not the same. I believe someone on 

this post mentioned that the watermelon has been discontinued, is this correct ? 

5 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Looking through the earlier posts, it seems that the pink melon and the watermelon that many of you were referring to are not the same. I believe someone on 

this post mentioned that the has been discontinued, is this correct ? 

Moonstar, I just looked and sure enough the juicy watermelon is no longer there. :(  I've not used the pink melon so I can't comment on that.  I love their juicy bits of orange (the best in my opinion), litsea cubeba, green tea, aloe and water lily, and italian gelato just to name a few.  I'm in the process of trying some new scents as well including, caribbean getaway, bahama breeze, and lychee.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, soshiegirl said:

Moonstar, I just looked and sure enough the juicy watermelon is no longer there. :(  I've not used the pink melon so I can't comment on that.  I love their juicy bits of orange (the best in my opinion), litsea cubeba, green tea, aloe and water lily, and italian gelato just to name a few.  I'm in the process of trying some new scents as well including, caribbean getaway, bahama breeze, and lychee.

as always, your a gem :) thank you for responding back- I really do appreciate that :) italian gelato was already in my cart before I read this lol !

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

as always, your a gem :) thank you for responding back- I really do appreciate that :) italian gelato was already in my cart before I read this lol !

Always glad to suck people into my fragrance oil obsession.  What can I say about the Gelato except that great minds think alike!  

• Like 1