Opinions for Duping Pine???

Lightkeeper

For many years I used Heartfelts Rocky Mountain Pine, until sadly she went OOB,  then I moved on to Bert's, which I was equally Happy with,  Luckily before she went OOB I had ordered 10 lbs of it - since then I had to move on to Fillmore's Pine.  One of my plans for the new year,  is to start getting some of my most popular scents duped little by little  (as it is expensive to buy the large qty at one time)

By getting them duped or newly created,  I am hoping to cut costs in the long run, and avoid the going OOB problems,  and I also plan to use each of my fragrances in several different blends, to really get my bang for the buck. 

So I would begin with fragrances that can go in several different blends - Pine, Cranberry Orange Spice, etc. or ones that I currently use that I pay too much $$ per lb, but they are very popular fragrances

My question is - I recently  came across a small amount of Heartfelt's Rocky Mountain Pine - :D   I think it smells fine, but I know that it is probably 4 + years old,  can't remember when she went OOB.  I am wondering how much this would affect the duplication if it is old?   Otherwise,  I do like Fillmore's but in my mind I think I liked HF & Berts better, at least I believe they were stronger?   and I don't want to take any of the oil available to make a new candle,  as I need enough to send in

For those that have tried all of the above which one was your favorite???

I appreciate your thoughts!!

I guess it really depends on storage, cool & dark and they should be fine for a long time.  I have some scents that are getting near 10 years old and still smell great.  I think anything with vanilla will tend to go the quickest but I'm sure someone else will answer here.  And yes you're memory is correct HF & Bert's are stronger than Fillmore's.  I wish I would have duplicated several of Bert's before I ran out (now where is that emoji banging his head against the wall?)

Edit to let you know that I used the last of my Bert's Pine last year and it was probably 4-5 yrs old and still going strong and good!

Edited by kandlekrazy

What does Heartfelts Rocky Mtn Pine smell like?  I've never had the scent.  Fimores is a true "balsam" scent and is extremely strong which I love.

If you are going to dupe it, I bet a bunch of us would go in on it with you....I know I would get a couple pounds....

Trappeur

Trappeur:  Heartfelts Pine was very popular with a lot of people on the board back in the day.  It smells almost identical to Bert's Pine to me, and to other people that I had try it when I had to make the switch.  I had ordered quite a stash of Bert's before she went OOB, but thought I still had one bottle left, bud couldn't locate it of course, that is why I was very excited to find the HF one the other day!    To me it is just a nice strong Clean Pine scent without any fake smell.   All my Customer's loved my Pine, so I never really ventured out to try many more after that.  It was based on reviews here that I tried the FMC, after I exhausted all my supplies.  I do really like that also,  to me it smells a bit more realistic pine/balsam  but  I had some candles made up with my old Bert's Pine,  & some with Fillmore with different names,  and almost everyone bought the Bert's Pine - so go figure.  I do think it was stronger, maybe that was part of it.

I have many oils that I have had for years also that are just fine,  I just didn't know if having an old oil to use for Duping purposes was going to throw anything off in the final Duplication.   But oh well, guess I don't really have much of a choice, it's that one or nothing -  I will be happy to post on here once I get it duped to see who would be interested in some.  I am sure it will be awhile yet though.

I do have a few sample bottles of various Bert's that I could possibly get duped to if there was interest - which ones were you looking for?

Hello Lightkeeper,

I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but I have read over the years on this board of all the ones who loved the Rocky Mountain Pine and I sell a ton of the Balsam from Fillmore.  I'm always on the hunt for anything rustic.....lol

Trappeur

Guest OldGlory

I started a topic on finding a certain type of pine, and have been on a pine journey for almost a month now. I could not have imagined so many different pine fragrances LOL! When will we get scratch and sniff computer screens????????

I started a topic on finding a certain type of pine, and have been on a pine journey for almost a month now. I could not have imagined so many different pine fragrances LOL! When will we get scratch and sniff computer screens????????

So many pines, so little time!