Wedding label pictures...

Trappeur

I wanted to get some opinions here on wedding labels I designed for a wedding rehearsal in a couple of weeks.

The large quart size jar in the picture is getting a large 3" label which I will put on the back of the jar where there is no embossing.  There is going to be only 1 large quart jar that she is going to use as a centerpiece for the table.  The jar will have burlap around the neck as in picture with a sprig of eucalyptis or i was thinking maybe go with sweet annie instead.

I don't know if black old timey lids would look better than the rust....I guess I'll have to just try them out and see for myself.

Now 24 pint size canning jars (the one in the picture in the back) are going to be done up as the large one but a little different label.

Here are the jars

CIMG8767_2.jpg[/url

Here is the smaller label for the pint jars

designall%206.jpg

Here is the large label for the quart size jar.

Couple questions.....

Should I find another birch tree?  Does it look funny?  I definitely want the birch tree in it.

Now the date of the wedding...On the smaller label I have only numbers for the wedding date and on this one since I had so much more room on the label, I abbreviated November.  Does that look funny?

designall%204.jpg

I personally think that instead of using the large canning jar for the centerpiece she should go with one of my really large crystal pieces that are triple wicked as that is so much more elegant.  She was pretty stuck on the canning jar, but when I meet her this weekend, I'm going to bring over the crystal candle I made and see if I could change her mind.  I was also thinking that maybe a beautiful wreath of some autumn look be placed around the candle so it sits in the middle.  The wedding rehearsal will be held in a log home so I can understand why she wants to keep it more rustic and maybe more informal as the mother is the one who I have been working with and she is doing this as a surprize for her daughter.

So what do you think?  Suggestions?

Thanks.

Trappeur

I don't know why in the world my postings are coming up twice?????I'm only hitting the post button twice....

Hellllppp...Can you remove again for me please Vicki b/4 someone comes along and posts? lol.....thanksQ

Trappeur

I don't know why in the world my postings are coming up twice?????I'm only hitting the post button twice....

Hellllppp...Can you remove again for me please Vicki b/4 someone comes along and posts? lol.....thanksQ

Trappeur

Why are you hitting the post button twice?

Goldie

Oh did I Goldie? lol, lol.....and I'm not drinking.....yet.....

Ok, I found another perfect birch tree that is sooo perfect to redo that label and i'll see what others say.  First have to go and feed the horses....

Trappeur

• Like 1

Trappeur,

First of all, WOWZERS!!  These are absolutely stunning!  I can hardly get past looking at them to comment!  First of all, most wedding items with dates have the date in all numbers (11-21-2015), just a thought.  Secondly, those tops are perfect, looks very Fall-ish to me :)  And on a down note, I don't really like THAT birch tree, but you are obviously a talented artist, so who am I to say?

Bravo!

Nancy

They're both beyond gorgeous! I would have a very hard time making up my mind. I love the birch tree and the greenery in the first label too. I think I prefer the way November is abbreviated though. It just looks elegant to me. Either way, those are going to be so beautiful!

Ok, I changed the birch tree in the above label and found one that I love that has a heart in the tree like someone carved it out.  So I put their initial in it.

Actually I was given a photo below that I was asked to make a label out of it and I as much as I tried just could not do something that I could say I loved, so I came up with my own design which they loved.

So do you all like this birch tree better?

Here is what I was given to create a label from

designall%2011.jpg

And here is the new label with a much better birch tree with initials carved into the tree.

I do like Nov. abbreviated.  It doesn't both me and like Belinda said, I think it is more elegant.

Label%20chosen%20for%20wedding%20-%20the

Trappeur

• Like 2

Thankyou everyone for all your input.  I value everyone's opinion and I always weigh them.

Nancy I'll put up a picture of the candles when done with a rust lid and black one and everyone can help me decide.  I'm liking the rust I think too.

Thanks.

Trappeur

Hi Earth,

Well, I thought the same thing and tried to put it in front but the the company I use had this design set up where I couldn't do what you said so I couldn't do anything about it.  Good thinking!  I tried....

Trappeur

Well I ordered the labels 2 days ago and they will be here next week so I'm getting all the candles done now and I'll post a picture as soon as the labels come in.  I need to get rust and black lids ordered from Filmore now, but I have a few of each so at least I can see which one I like....but Im pretty sure the rust will do it.  Now I just have to decide if eucalyptis or sweet annie will be the best choice attached to the neck of the jars.  I'll post a picture of that too and you all can help me decide....Thanks so much everyone!

Trappeur