Can I paint my clear glasses to white?

I tried to paint outside, but I didn´t get good results. I like that glass's surface is smooth and even. Maybe I just have to buy white tumblers.  ;)

I want to use white tumblers because (millions) little wetspots makes me crazy.  *shudder*  I have to repair all of my candles with heatgun and that's too time consuming. Nothing i have tried to prevent them hasn't helped. I understand few wetspots, but my candles are allways full of them. Heatgun helps to get trapped airbubbles out and then candles looks good! What can I do? I use pure paraffin. (Sasol). Great wax, throws even better than 4627. (Sorry for my english)

Thank you for your help!

Kaisa

Even the best of candles will eventually have areas where wax pulls away (loses adhesion) to the container wall. It's just a fact of life. Look at Yankee or any others on the shelf and you'll notice the so-called wet spots. Opaque containers are expensive and to me they ruin the effect of an open flame. Try heating your tumblers and placing them in a cardboard box for insulation and a slow cool to reduce wax shrinkage. The candles cool from the outside first and pull away from the glass due to the wax shrinking as it cools. Nobody but you notices the wet spots if the candles smell really good when burned. HTH

Steve

• Like 1

Even the best of candles will eventually have areas where wax pulls away (loses adhesion) to the container wall. It's just a fact of life. Look at Yankee or any others on the shelf and you'll notice the so-called wet spots. Opaque containers are expensive and to me they ruin the effect of an open flame. Try heating your tumblers and placing them in a cardboard box for insulation and a slow cool to reduce wax shrinkage. The candles cool from the outside first and pull away from the glass due to the wax shrinking as it cools. Nobody but you notices the wet spots if the candles smell really good when burned. HTH

Steve

Thank you Steve. You are right about opaque tumblers. I will try cardboard box and forget white tumblers!! I have noticed wetspot in the Yankee Candles, but my candles are full of little air bubbles/wetspots. I have tried to slow down the cooling, but I will try again  :D

Kaisa 

Edited by karona

If you don't mind using spray paint, you can try the frosted glass spray paint like this on the outside of the jars: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Specialty-11-oz-Frosted-Glass-Spray-Paint-1903830/100195608

I understand the look you want with painting the inside of the jars; love that look. Even if that worked, I think that would be really time consuming. Any spray paint cans have to be sprayed outside as well which could limit you.

Good luck!

Goldie

If you don't mind using spray paint, you can try the frosted glass spray paint like this on the outside of the jars: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Specialty-11-oz-Frosted-Glass-Spray-Paint-1903830/100195608

I understand the look you want with painting the inside of the jars; love that look. Even if that worked, I think that would be really time consuming. Any spray paint cans have to be sprayed outside as well which could limit you.

Good luck!

Goldie

Good luck!

Goldie

I've often wondered about that Goldie as I have seen those frosted sprays but never bought.  I wonder how it would hold up to the heat of a burning candle.....hmmmm....I love frosted glass.  I'm going to buy a can of that tomorrow and pour into it and see how it turns out....Could be STUNNING!

TRAPPEUR