Hello from Virginia

What's your name? Deana

How old are you? 40 something

Where do you live? Partlow, VA - between Fredericksburg and Richmond

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? I've made gel candles, soap and lotions off and on for a few years.

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? when my kids were school aged (about 20 yrs ago) I bought a kit so we could make Christmas gifts for the teachers and that was all she wrote. I was hooked for a few yesrs. As the kids grew and life became busier(?) I just didn't have the time needed....

Are you married? Any kids? I've been married for 25 years, I have 2 boys and a girl and our most recent addition is our granddaughter who will be 1 next month.

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? I was a systems analyst for 20+ years, but due to unfortunate circumstances I don't work outside the home anymore.

Anything else we should know? Up until recently, it's been a long time since I crafted anything myself and I realize how much I really enjoy it. I'm not looking to start a business (although I'm sure my husband would think otherwise), I want to learn to make nice SAFE candles and body products that are better than anything you can buy in a store. Lofty goals-I know, but now that I have the time, why not? This site was recommended by Dave (emilysoldpoppy) and I'm so glad he directed me here. You guys freely share so much GOOD information I can't wait to get started.

• Like 1

Welcome!

Although I'm not from Virginia, I really wish I lived there! I happen to be from Texas and going to Williamsburg Virginia  was a dream vacation for me three years ago. It is so beautiful there! I'm crazy about colonial everything! Unlike most here in east Texas, I decorate colonial and not Western LOL! 

Hope you enjoy your new found addiction!  You're in good company though!

• 4 weeks later...