South Beach

Last one for today. 

I made this one with Mad Oils South Beach FO. Got a little thick on me, but I think that'll work. I tried to make a beach scene. 

I've only ever been to a beach once, and I just remember a lot of turquoise, yellow, and sand. So... I made this one with a sandy bottom - scratch that, I tried making this one with a sandy bottom, then I mixed white batter with turquoise batter and yellow batter. Then I tried for a cloudy sky type and did a turquoise batter with white batter. 

The colors are peacock mica for the turquoise color. 

Yellow vibrance for the yellow, 

TD for the white. 

a mix of the following - yellow oxide, summer bronze mica, & sparkling gold mica - for the sand. 

We'll see tomorrow night how well I did. :) 

I had a fun day. I haven't had a chance to create in a long time, so it felt good. I'm gonna sleep good tonight! (Or I'm going to toss and turn being too impatient to cut them! LOL) 

(again the pic is blurry - I need to find my real camera I think - this phone thing is not good! LOL the blue is bluer in person than the greenish color it's showing) 

post-200-0-08737800-1431210209_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-84657100-1431210243_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great.

I am sure it will turn out good. .

I have never bought from mad oils. .

Do they have good fragrances for soaping?

I think they do, however, they are a little pricey. Shipping is really good though. They are in FL and I'm in CO, and I don't think I've ever paid more than $10 for shipping, even on my large orders. 

And thank you. I will cut it tomorrow afternoon and we'll see how she turned out. :) 

Snow Witch, Golden Embargo, Smoke & Mirrors, Home for the Holidays, Sexy Beast, Dragons Blood (my FAVORITE DB ever), Oh, I haven't soaped DB only put it in candles, let's see. Hedonic Tonic, and Them Apples. 

Won't know about the South Beach for a while but all have been strong and stuck in my soap. 

Snow Witch is a forest scent but with a fresh clean "winter" note to it, to make it different than any "pine" scent I've ever smelled. To me it smells just like the Rocky Mountains here after it's snowed. How they captured that, IDK but I love it. 

Golden Embargo is an exotic amber, sandalwood type of scent. I use it in my mens tuxedo soaps as a blend with a couple other scents, but this is the the one that comes out first. 

Smoke & Mirrors smells a lot like NG's Cracklin' Birch but with something extra that I can't put my finger on. 

Home for the Holidays is a typical HFTH scent, smells a lot like Peak's, but I think I like Peaks better. 

Don't know how to describe Sexy Beast. ?? it's exoctic and cologne-y. LOL (sorry, I'm terrible with descriptions)

Hedonic Tonic out of the bottle smells like a household cleaner, but in soap that mellows out and rounds out to a nice fresh clean scent. 

Them Apples is a nice tart apple scent. I use it as a mixer. 

HTH

• 3 weeks later...