My First Taiwan Swirl

Candybee

This is the first time I've tried this swirl since I got my new mold with the dividers from Nurture. It's why I bought them. I really wanted to learn how to do this swirl. Anyway, it was the messiest soapmaking I have ever done and cleanup took a while... but I got the soap in the mold and swirled! LOL

Here are in the mold pics. Its way too soft to cut so I may have to wait a couple days. The colors match the scent, its a lime and lemongrass coconut castile.

Also, when I unmolded it this morning I had to flip it upside down to get out of the mold and was surprised by how pretty the bottom looked. So I took a pic of the bottom too!

First 2 pics are the top and second 2 are the bottom:

post-2172-0-18694200-1427129513_thumb.jp

post-2172-0-41272400-1427129548_thumb.jp

post-2172-0-30180400-1427129578_thumb.jp

post-2172-0-49969700-1427129593_thumb.jp

Guest OldGlory

Wow, those swirls are so cool! Almost reminds me of a herringbone weave in fabric - like a herringbone wool blazer. SWEET!

I thought you had one of Nurture's molds? With her dividers it makes the swirling easy peasy. It was actually the easiest swirl I have ever done. Its the cleanup that's a riot! *shudder*

Anyway, I still haven't cut it so it could be a total mess inside. LOL

Edited by Candybee

Yes I would like a few of those. I do have some small pouring pitchers with spouts but not a funnel. The funnel pitchers would definitely make things less messy. But the dividers themselves are awfully messy to clean up. No matter how careful I try to be I just get soap batter everywhere taking those out!

I think its just a matter of having all the right equipment and a little bit of practice and I should get better at it.

Edited by Candybee

I thought you had one of Nurture's molds? With her dividers it makes the swirling easy peasy. It was actually the easiest swirl I have ever done. Its the cleanup that's a riot! *shudder*

Anyway, I still haven't cut it so it could be a total mess inside. LOL

I do have the small 2lb mold, but don't like it because it's not tall enough for me. I don't have the dividers, but am planning on getting the dividers for the ED molds. (I have 6 of those molds now, LOVE them) 

Once I get dividers, I'll try it out. :) 

Wow! I wish I was already good at making candles so I could move on to soaps, but one thing at a time, lol.

Just awesome, Candybee! Those are wonderful!

I started making candles in 1997, started making soap in 2003. 

My first love will always be candles, but I must admit, soap making is a bigger addiction, I can be more creative with soaps, and I have a TONNE more soaps than I do candles. 

• Like 1

Cut them up this morning. I didn't get the swirl right on the inside but the tops look nice. I tried another taiwan swirled soap too but that one accelerated on me so fast I barely had time to get all the layers in and I knew it wouldn't swirl right. But I kind of like the rustic look.

I think I know how to do the swirl now after a couple of tries. But its gonna take some practice to get it right.

Here are the cut pics of both soaps. I should have waited another couple of days to cut them. They were still pretty soft and sticky:

post-2172-0-07391500-1427296611_thumb.jp

post-2172-0-21229600-1427296627_thumb.jp

post-2172-0-92176500-1427296664_thumb.jp

post-2172-0-33294300-1427296688_thumb.jp

Edited by Candybee