New Lodge Label

Trappeur

Well, I finally got an account in town and she picked out her jar, lid and label....So glad I got as I need the work! lol

The store is lodgy with log beds, bears, upholstery, and all that kind of stuff....(right up my alley)..

I created 8 designs and this was the one I loved the most and her too.  She wanted pine cones and of course I love anything in black and so here it is.  She doesn't care what I do the fonts in so that is good.  This label was a bugger because when I found the pine cone design, it had a lot of mixed background on it...actually the background was a blue with lines in it, so I got rid of all the extras on the design till I got right down to just the pine cone.

I did the label in 2 different font colors...one in a green font and one in a cream.  I really love both equally but I find when I'm designing a black label the greens I have a little harder time as there is not that much of a contrast versus going with a natural color.  But sometimes I can make the green work if I get it light enough where it doesn't come off as a lime green.  I might have to order both labels as a sample and see if the green is to my liking.

Now my name is going to be changed to her store name as she decided on that and she wanted the town the shop is in, "Blue Ridge" to be on the label as she wanted people to be able to remember her and reorder more candles....and this is a big big tourist town, so yep, that makes sense to me.

Now here is my delema.  I always put natural soy on my labels and with this design, I did it 2 different ways.  On the green label you can see how it shows, (natural soy).....but it is too unbalanced for me and I don't like it.  If  you look at the other label with the cream fonts I put natural soy on the 1 side of the label, but now.....(I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO PUT ON THE OTHER SIDE?????)  Can I get some creative help from all you wizards here????lol  Now I did put "natural soy" under the fragrance name but it was just too tiny and really looked stupid above the town name.  Keep in mind, this is only a 

1 1/2" square label and there are no other sizes available, so that size label has to stay...

So my questions are:

1.  What do I put on the other side of the pine cone design?

2.  Which color font looks best?  the green or the cream?

****Oh, and I do listen to everyone's comments and think about them and you all have helped me in the past every time...so now here I am again, stuck.....lol

Thanks again!  Trappeur

Trappeurs%20Lodge%20Black%20Pine%20Cone%

Trappeurs%20Lodge%20Black%20Pine%20Cone%

Ok, what if I did on 1 side to look like this:  "Hand Poured"  and the other side  "Natural Soy"

or:

"Highly Scented                     Natural Soy

?????

Well, I don't make anything to sell, so I have no experience in designing labels, but looking at the labels as a customer, I like the lighter font better because it seems to pop a little more and gives a contrast, whereas the darker green font is almost the same as the pine needles in the picture and gives the eye no relief from the darker colors.

I was gonna suggest hand poured or hand crafted on the other side of the picture to go with natural soy on the other side if you're looking for balance.

They look awesome!

Hi Trappeur,

I like the second label - the cream colored lettering against the black stands out more, as the green and black combo just makes the label too dark, especially it being a small label.

Looking at it as a consumer, given the choice of 'Highly Scented' or 'Hand Poured',  I would pick the 'highly scented' every time, as I personally want a highly scented candle, and would not care HOW it was poured, lol. 

On the otherhand, adding the extra lettering may make the small label too 'busy' - so I think the second, cream colored lettered one is fine as you have it - a crisp clean look.  If you think it unbalanced, maybe you could somehow put the 'Natural Soy' right under your name as there seems to be enough margin if you move your name up a bit.

First let me congratulate you on your account! That is wonderful news! I am so happy it worked out for you.

Re the labels--- I like your idea of using 'hand poured' on the other side. Another term you could use is handmade candle or handpoured candle. I'm sure whatever you decide it will look stunning!

Ok, what about this....I like much better.

I shifted everything upwards towards the top of the label and it gave me more room on the bottom and instead of putting the "natural soy" under Trappeurs Lodge, as Sojourner suggested, I put Natural soy under the fragrance name and then on the town I spelled out Georgia instead of abbreviating it and it gave better balance. The pinecone design is not centered exactly in the middle of the label, but I don't even notice it.

Trappeur

Black%20Pine%20cone%202%20redone.png

• Like 2

Hi Suzanne,

Well as always, your labels are beautiful.......  I love the green font and I like the Natural Soy on the left and right side of the label....but you will probably change it 100 more times before you come to a decision......lol

Love you Big Sister!!!!! :)

Love the cream- I think the green may be to dark

I use hand poured and natural soy on my labels so I am bias to using that term

Wonderful job!!! What program do you use again to Design and order? My mackinac island account wants a private label done and I am clueless where to begin- all your labels always look so great!

Thankhyou everyone for all the kind and inspiring comments. It helps so much when others can critique your work.

Moonshine, I use Zazzle. I love them. It's really easy when you learn how to navigate all around and you can do so much in editing. If you need any help I would be more than happy to help and can even make up some designs for you no problem. Just let me know as I really enjoy doing and love to help others if I possibly can.

:)

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur