What I made yesterday.

Trappeur

Well 20 pounds of 464 was delivered to me yesterday by Flaming Candle and I made up a big fat 3 pound candle for a friend of mine whose birthday was yesterday.  He loves candles and has quite a collection of Llardo Crystal (spelled wrong).  I ordered these big crystal jars (3 of them) and just love them....I hope he does. One of his loves is anything in almond.

I made this is Natures Garden - Almond Rum Cake

Did 3 cd 7 wicks in 464

CIMG2345.jpg

CIMG2306.jpg

I usually put my embeds on top of my jar candles and this one I did in leaves....I did a stupid thing yesterday as I was hurriedly trying to get this candle made to deliver to him yesterday and being that it is 3 pounds it was going to take a long time to harden so I stuck it in the fridge with paper towels over it so it would harden faster....lol, lol (I can't believe I even did that!)  Well it stayed in the fridge for about 2 hours and then took out and did a repour on the top to get ready to put the leaves on and the middle of the candle was still a bit soft but I still did the capoff and as you can see from the picture it didn't come out smooth as milk like the rest of the candle so it is a little rough in the middle..but, it is done, and he knows it will have to sit for 2 weeks b/4 he can burn it, but I don't think he will even see it to tell the truth...but I'm such a perfectionist it's disgusting and I'm not happy with the top but I'm delivering today as it is! lol

CIMG2307.jpg

CIMG2286.jpg

All in all, the candle really came out nice and I was pleased with it, love the scent and it looks so elegant and I know will be a nice gift for him....I hope he likes it.

Thanks for letting me share...

Trappeur

• Like 6

Thankyou everyone for all the kind comments.....I so appreciate them.  And yep Candybee, that is what I should have done....another embed....I probably could have just melted some plain wax without out any fragrance and made 1 little embed and stuck it in the middle and it would have hidden most of the wrinkled wax.  Geesh, you gave me a good idea if that ever happens again!  Now that I think about, if I scraped out teency bit of wax in the middle of the candle I could have poured some hot wax right where I scraped (like putting a dab of glue on it) then just stuck a slight warm embed into the hot dab of wax and it would stick....I know that would work.

Trappeur 

• 2 years later...

so beautiful ... they look really creamy and professional.  Did you do just straight 464? how do you get smooth tops? Mine looks a bit like orange peel on one of them .. the heat gun made it worse. I wish I hadn't bought clear glass jars ... they are driving me crazy