Tennessee candle, any must haves?

Belinda

• 2 weeks later...

OHHHHHH..... I just did it!!!! My first buy from TCS!! I did the pre-buy on the Tangerine Dream and bought some others based on the reviews of the great folks here on the forum (THANK YOU!!) .....ekkk.....I am SO excited!!!! I hope I have found a wonderful new supplier right here in the good ole state of Tennessee!! :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

Well I sampled and tested this old house which is a keeper

Honeysuckle is a keeper

Dried apple wreath I really like but undecided to add or not

Raspberry magnolia was way to floral for me I didn't like it but it threw like crazy- floral lovers will love this

Cinnamon broom is a keeper but I want it stronger so I will have to up the FO load

I still have 4 others to test but I am definitely liking this supplier

I want to order the tangerine dream and pomegranate also - I need a good orange and I have yet to find a true good and strong pomegranate

• Like 2

Well I sampled and tested this old house which is a keeper

Honeysuckle is a keeper

Dried apple wreath I really like but undecided to add or not

Raspberry magnolia was way to floral for me I didn't like it but it threw like crazy- floral lovers will love this

Cinnamon broom is a keeper but I want it stronger so I will have to up the FO load

I still have 4 others to test but I am definitely liking this supplier

I want to order the tangerine dream and pomegranate also - I need a good orange and I have yet to find a true good and strong pomegranate

So the Peach, Magnolia, Raspberry is one of the scents I bought. I do not like overwhelming floral scents either. Any ideas of what I can add to this scent to tone the floral WAY down? Suggestions?

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

I am not sure.... You may get a totally different take on it- this scent confuses me- I am still burning the tester and I don't know if I just don't like magnolia and that's what I am mostly picking up out of it- I like how strong it is and in the other room it smells good but in the same room it's burning I can only describe it as overwhelming floral- and I have come to like many florals

I tried SC magnolia and disliked that as well so maybe it's just my perception that it's not a good floral! Lol

there is a sweetness to it but I couldn't say without knowing the name it's raspberry or peach

Maybe adding more of one those notes would tone the floral down if you find it the same way....in used the full ounce so I can't try it out and I don't think I will be ordering that one again

Maybe others that love it will chime in and give their take on it

• Like 1

So the Peach, Magnolia, Raspberry is one of the scents I bought. I do not like overwhelming floral scents either. Any ideas of what I can add to this scent to tone the floral WAY down? Suggestions?

Fruits ... maybe a pear, anything citrus ought to do it. Berries should do it. 

• Like 1

I am not sure.... You may get a totally different take on it- this scent confuses me- I am still burning the tester and I don't know if I just don't like magnolia and that's what I am mostly picking up out of it- I like how strong it is and in the other room it smells good but in the same room it's burning I can only describe it as overwhelming floral- and I have come to like many florals

I tried SC magnolia and disliked that as well so maybe it's just my perception that it's not a good floral! Lol

there is a sweetness to it but I couldn't say without knowing the name it's raspberry or peach

Maybe adding more of one those notes would tone the floral down if you find it the same way....in used the full ounce so I can't try it out and I don't think I will be ordering that one again

Maybe others that love it will chime in and give their take on it

Fruits ... maybe a pear, anything citrus ought to do it. Berries should do it. 

Thanks Moonshine and Scented. Great ideas! I am thinking 1/3 peach/mag/rasp, 1/3 georgia peach, 1/3 either pear or red raspberry. Thanks bunches guys! This may turn out to be a best-seller! :)

Wow....I am excited! I ordered Vanilla Bean Noel,  Peach Mag Rasp, This Old House, Cinnamon Broom, Spiced Clove, Pina Colada, Winter Candy Apple, Sweet Coconut, True Lavender, Nehi Grape, Pomegranate, Tangerine Dream, Dried Apple Wreath, Spicy Apples & Peaches, Buttercream, Chocolate Nut Brownie, Lemon Chiffon Pie, Honeysuckle Passion and several samples. These scents should blow the doors off in my 4786 wax! I hope and expect to have awesome sales from these scents. My plan is to use them in candles, tarts, pillars, soaps (Hot Process & Melt and Pour), lotions and scrubs. OH NO ...Pumpkin Pecan Waffle up for pre-buy? :)  Gracious me! LOL!! :)

• Like 2

Trapp;

I know you are fond of vanilla. Vanilla Bean Noel from Tennessee Candle Supplies is my favorite vanilla for both candles and (M&P) soaps. I have a lot of vanilla fragrance oils from other suppliers on hand, but I was quite concerned that I was about out of VBN. I hope that they remain in business. They have been a bit hit and miss with going out of business and out-of-stocks the last few years.

Dave

I Love their VBN! They are expanding...not going anywhere :)

• Like 1

Just want to say that Tennessee Candle Supplies is not going nowhere and Kimberlie and I just wants to say I'm sorry for the past two years and I promise we have our great customer service back like it was trying to have sameday shipping and we love all you guys that has bought from us and even the one that hasn't. So give us a try and let us show you.

Brent & Kimberlie Brown

Tennessee Candle & Soap Supplies

• Like 7