Received my labels...

Trappeur

Well, I received my labels yesterday.

These are for 8oz tins.

They are 3" round and a teeney big for the top of the lids of the tins.  I tried cutting them down a 1/16" around but I couldn't get the labels perfectly round....It showed here and there and you could see that I tried cutting them.  So I just put a label on the tin and it goes up ever so slightly off the flat part.  

Do you think they look that bad by just using these?  When I took the picture the glare from the flash somewhat illuminates the edges where coming up and I have smoothed it out the best as I can but when you hold the tin in your hand looking at the label you really don't see any of this and to me they really look wonderful.   You would never know the difference or see that the label should be a smidgeon smaller.  

Do you think if this was your candle it would be acceptable?

Thanks.

Trappeur

bbb27712-568b-49cd-a64f-69e9b6dbee01.jpg

CIMG1020.jpg

Guest OldGlory

I would absolutely use them. Yes, you can see where the fit isn't perfect, but the eye goes to the graphic, not the edge. I don't think a customer would think twice about the edge/size issue.

Well, I received my labels yesterday.

These are for 8oz tins.

They are 3" round and a teeney big for the top of the lids of the tins.  I tried cutting them down a 1/16" around but I couldn't get the labels perfectly round....It showed here and there and you could see that I tried cutting them.  So I just put a label on the tin and it goes up ever so slightly off the flat part.  

Do you think they look that bad by just using these?  When I took the picture the glare from the flash somewhat illuminates the edges where coming up and I have smoothed it out the best as I can but when you hold the tin in your hand looking at the label you really don't see any of this and to me they really look wonderful.   You would never know the difference or see that the label should be a smidgeon smaller.  

Do you think if this was your candle it would be acceptable?

Thanks.

Trappeur

bbb27712-568b-49cd-a64f-69e9b6dbee01.jpg

CIMG1020.jpg

Trappeur,

I think those look perfect. The label is the eye-catcher and people will zoom in on that. There is just enough of the silver tin showing to make it pop. Definitely yes use them! :) You did an awesome job on them! :)

ok, thanks Puma!

Man, is it hard to peel off the sticker when you first put it on the lid and it isn't straight then have to peel it off and hope to god you get it on straight the next time.  I had to do 1 tin 4 times! 

Trappeur

They look great Trappeur. Honestly, if it were me, I would go down a size smaller with the labels. Do they offer a 2.5" round? The reason I say this is that's its happened to me. Got some labels I thought were perfect and they ended up being a smidge too large. So I tried using the labels and they ended up always being a problem so in the end I ended up getting the next smaller size.

If you do craft shows and markets like me you end up packing and repacking your candles. If the labels don't fit perfectly they can be easily damaged, start coming off on the sides, etc. Plus they have to be fussed with everytime you place a label on the jar. Are you going to always trim each label everytime? It all gets tiring after a while. Anyway, that was my experience. Changing the labels out fixed all the problems that I had and saved some of my hair.

I love the look! I The black background and the graphics are what your eye sees. If it were me I would be very pleased, and when you finish this lot you can think about ordering down a size. I really think 2.5" would not look as nice. This looks very much custom and expensive, I have not seen any quite like yours.

Hi Candybee and Sonoma,

I agree with what you said about going down to a smaller size but unfortunately Zazzle where I get my labels from only come in 2 sizes - 1 1/2" and 3".  I'm not trimming the 3" by hand because it looked cut.  I'm leaving it the full 3".  So in my situation I'm stuck....lol  I don't do craft shows and they are only going on the tins which I don't have a ton of so....I'm stuck....If they are a problem once they are in the shop and I'm not happy, I'll have to figure something else out.  Thanks for the suggestion, cause I agree....and thanks for the compliments!

Trappeur :)  :)