Valentine Day Challenge

Hi all dear members! This is the first challenge we mods are setting up for the candlemaking section.

The theme is: Valentine Day is coming!

Each member can try her/himself in realizing a Valentine Day themed candle.

Challenge ends february, 14.

By that day all picture should have been posted.

There will be no winner, there will be all the lovely pictures in this thread as a reward for all our community!

The few rules are:

- Your candle can be made in any wax;

- Your candle can be in any form (pillar, container, t-light and so on)

- Your candle should be as much as creative as possible, you can make a solid color candle only if it will decorated in some other manner;

- Your candle should incorporate a flower or other related sentimental items that makes everyone think about love. It can be the scent you chose along with your theme.

- When you are done post your pic or pics here (it would be better to take good pics too, maybe with some decorations that fits for Valentine day)

- If you want you can write a line or two about your creation, if there's a story behind it let us know it!

- Please keep this thread as clean as possible, comments and questions are welcome only if are related to this thread and please keep in mind it will be a show-off-your-work thread, we don't want it to become too cluttered.

The challenge is open to anyone, it doesn't matter your level or skills, we're here to have fun and to learn from each other and challenges are a great way to share amusement and knowledge!

Now have fun, and let the creativity and the love flow!

The Mods Team

Edited by cybersix
added some info

Challenge accepted!

Here is what I did yesterday for this challenge - All scented Love Spell by Leah (it's an old old bottle, but it still smells perfect, so I use it for my candles - not b&B)

The first one is a 3x6 pillar with heart wax melts around it. It did not turn out like I wanted at all! LOL I was trying to do a marble swirl with pink, black and white to match my soap (there's a pic of that in the soap gallery). Well, it was still a little too hot and not slushy enough and I got heavy handed with the dye, so it all kind of mixed together and this was the result. LOL

Then I decided to try again. The second one is a 3x3 with heart wax melts around it. It still doesn't match my soap, but eh, close enough and it smells good!

I actually like them both, but for different reasons.

I'm sure I'll be doing more before the challenge is over. :)

post-212-139458517383_thumb.jpg

post-212-139458517398_thumb.jpg

I so would like to see a tutorial on this when you get a chance J. I think their great!

Thank you so much!!!

I can do that. Not sure when I'll have time as I'll be out of town next weekend, but the very next time I make one, I'll take pics and write up a tut for it. I actually really like writing up tutorials with pics. It's fun, and I love sharing. :)

Thank you!

I love to share, so I have the tutorial written up for the marbled candles, and am in the process of making the candle (aka - taking pics while making the candle) to go with the tut, then I just have to find the time to put it all together and post it.

I have a PM in to Scented to see exactly what all posting the tutorial will take. :)

(if this post needs to be moved as to not clutter up this thread, I understand! :) )