Thinking ahead to Spring Scents

ctiff123

After taking a hiatus from candlemaking partly due to my own laziness and partly due to issues with my grandfather's rental business, I am setting a goal for myself to get back into candlemaking.

Previously I used EZSoy and I have dabbled in C3 and KYSoy 125. I have tested EcoSoya Xcel and 464 and even 444. I think I am just going to be "Plain Jane" and stick with 415.

I am looking to have at least 10 good and strong scents by Spring.

I am starting over from scratch and re-testing everything from wax to wicks and scent and dye.

However, I do know that I want to include the following scents: I am not a huge fan of florals or clean smells. I like fruits/and some food scents without being overly sweet.

1. KY - Fresh Lilacs was one of the best that I have ever tested. :grin2:

2. KY - Lemon Pound Cake - yummy!!

3. Peak - Black Raspberry Vanilla - the best that I have tried.

4. CS - Mac Apple

5. BCN - Very Vanilla - my favorite but open to options

6. KY - Birthday Cake - Oh my word! My fav. :drool:

Looking for a good Hot Apple Pie, and other suggestions. I will be re-testing my wicks and color as well. I like the dye chips but I like the liquid, too, but I make such a mess with it.

I will be re-testing wicks as well. I like the cd 12 in a jelly jar but I also like the cotton 51-32-18. I did not have good luck with eco wicks. :undecided

Your help would be much appreciated for new scent suggestions. :wink2:

Check out some of Lebermuth's offerings and see if there's something of interest in there to you.

They carried a Lilac & Wisteria I believe that was not overpoweringly floral. It's floral, don't get me wrong, but it's a really nice blend.

I think I'll be doing some combinations of my own this go around for spring, because I just don't see a huge offering at the moment of new things ... of course one must get past the end of this year and v-day before they are likely to be revealed I suppose.

I forgot to mention Bittercreek North's Olive Blossom. It's another floral for those who don't care for florals. It's just beautiful and it also rocks in cp, too.

Does it smell similar to Flicker's/Elements Olive Blossom that was discontinued? I have been on the hunt for a replacement and can't seem to find it.