How about a let's experiment with ...

Scented

Candlewic has a Nutmeg & Cedar that I love. So maybe a nice warm and mild spice like nutmeg or even ginger.

eta: oooh I forgot about orange. I think cedar and orange or even cedar and orange clove would smell wonderful. I have all of those in eos and I may just experiment.

Edited by LeahRB

Cedar and Patchouli are both base notes so you need to add some top and middle notes.

Some middle notes are:

lavender, bay rum, black pepper, fir needle, rose geranium

Some top notes are:

anise, lemon, lemongrass, lime, tangarine, sage, eucalyptus, orange, peppermint, spearmint

I've wondered too! I have Mr. Missy's Grapefruit and Maple syrup that I got off the classies, LOVE the grapefruit in melts. The combos mentioned above sound wonderful for cedar too- warm, cozy scents for this time of year...

I wonder whatever happened to Mr. Missy. Oh, how I loved his Cedar Patch. One of my all time favorites.

Still sitting on a bottle of that one lol. I'm really wondering how Lebermuth's versions compare, but I forget to try a sample when I order from there.

Actually I'm wondering what to combo with cedarwood or cedar for a specialty shop, since it was listed somewhere as a purification type of scent, but just knocking out a regular cedar isn't all that fun.

Edited by Scented

Just what type of scent do you want to end up with? woodsy, spicy, clean, citrusy?

Yesterday I mixed up a new cedar vanilla scent: French Vanilla FO with EOs of cedarwood, patch, allspice, and amyris. Then added a hint of clove and baby powder FOs. It turned out to be a sweet vanilla with a strong spicy woodiness.

I soaped it yesterday and can really get that deep woodsy scent. Just wish I had a bit of fir needle to add to it and forgot I could have added eucalyptus too. Maybe next time.

Pineapple + Cedarwood (unique unisexy blend)

Pineapple + Lemon Verbena + Cedarwood

Coconut + Cedarwood + Cucumber

Leather + Cedarwood + Lime

Balsam Fir + Campfire + Clove + Cedarwood

Cedarwood + French Vanilla X2

Cucumber + Cedarwood + Grapefruit

Cedarwood + Apple Mac + Tonka Bean

Anise + Cedarwood + Baby Powder

Cedarwood + Ginger

Bamboo + Cedarwood + Rain

Cedarwood + Grape Soda + Peppermint

Blackberry Cobbler X2 + Cedarwood + Pine Needle

All of these however vary on the type of Cedarwood FO or EO used.

Edited by rctfavr3

Just what type of scent do you want to end up with? woodsy, spicy, clean, citrusy?

Yesterday I mixed up a new cedar vanilla scent: French Vanilla FO with EOs of cedarwood, patch, allspice, and amyris. Then added a hint of clove and baby powder FOs. It turned out to be a sweet vanilla with a strong spicy woodiness.

I soaped it yesterday and can really get that deep woodsy scent. Just wish I had a bit of fir needle to add to it and forgot I could have added eucalyptus too. Maybe next time.

I want to end up with a good one (ducking now lol). I want to end up with something that's close to a combo of your choices ... now how's that for something that would embody all of that?

Alright ... I see tonka bean all the time. Now where does one get a good one?

http://store.southwestcandlesupply.com/hypnotic-tonka-bean.html

If you can find a Coumarin FO or EO or possibly even Mown Hay with a little French Vanilla...it would get you in the ballpark for an accurate aroma profile. I'd say it's smells like a cross between White Chocolate and Hay with a nuttiness similar to Hazelnut though very mild. It's a very faint velvety-vanilla smell. SOS has a Tonka Bean FO as well, but it's rather weak.

I want to end up with a good one (ducking now lol). I want to end up with something that's close to a combo of your choices ... now how's that for something that would embody all of that?

Well at least you didn't drop your cigar and say it was a fragrance "for me to poop on!"

Edited by Candybee

I could have added eucalyptus too. Maybe next time.

I once tried Taylored's straight Cedar with Euc. It was hideous. Thankfully, I didn't make many. I sold them rather quickly because those who liked it LOVED it. But it was truly hideous. I think the Euc was Peak's. By itself, wonderful. And Taylored's Cedar was by far the best, truest Cedar ever. But together............ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I seemed to have killed this thread. I was only trying to channel Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

You didn't kill this. I did by not being able to get to experiment any, but starting Wednesday I'm going on vacation for the rest of the year and think I ought to be able to play and ask for more suggestions lol! Maybe starting Sunday or Monday though.

• 2 months later...