Plug for Columbus Foods...

Gypsyjen

Damn....if they have a store front, I'm there. That's only about 25 mi. from me. :yay: Hmmm. Thanks for the post Gypsyjen

You are officially NOT allowed to talk about being able to drive there!! OMG... green with envy here. LOL.

I fifth (did someone fourth) CF. They rock. *getdown*

I have not personally ordered from them before, because it's cheaper on the shipping for me to get from a place nearer, but I have heard a lot of good things about them.

Those who live near to them are lucky - they have a very large selection of ingredients.

Sara - when is your pig coming back?

I love Columbus! I once emailed them with a question about larger orders/cheaper shipping. All I expected was a quote but Mike actually called me to talk to me about my options! Their product quality and fast shipping are fabulous, but their customer service is just overwhelmingly good.

:highfive: to Mike at Soaper's Choice!!

Damn....if they have a store front, I'm there. That's only about 25 mi. from me. :yay: Hmmm. Thanks for the post Gypsyjen

Mary, I don't know if they have a store front, but you can place an order online and go to their warehouse to pick it up. :cheesy2: Lucky You!!

• 3 years later...

I was just wondering how long shipping takes..actually with shipping their prices are WAAY cheaper than buying things here and there(which is what I was doing) and also the time and gas to go around and buy stuff.

I couldnt get 50 pounds of coconut oil from anywhere local.So,really with shipping it was still WAAY cheaper.

I hate paying shipping too but putting that into the price of oils its totally not bad..I do wish I lived closer to them..and heck,I'd just love to see how a drum of coconut oil looks..WOW!!

Mike has been in this industry for a long time and has always gone above and beyond in way of assistance and top notch customer service. He knows his stuff and is always a wealth of information. Additionally, Columbus foods and Mike have always been very generous in their support of soapers and their gatherings and soap making events.

I am so jealous of you that can go and pick up from there. the shipping doesn't work for me, but sometime when I'm somewhere in the continental US for a week or so I really need to make an order. their prices cannot be beat! and I've looked!!!

I live on the west coast..and I have found that if I buy 6 ..1 gal. sizes..

the shipping is less expensive than some of the suppliers that are on the west coast...and they are cheaper on their oils too...

I also talked to Mike and he told me to try to buy in quanities of six..because they have a box for six 7lb. jugs....and the shipping is really reasonable..

My favorite supplier, by far. When I first heard about them I was needing to melt down larger quantities of shea butter. I called and got Mike on the phone. He talked to me a long time, giving me some very valuable tips. Besides incredible customer service, great prices. We have been ordering a couple of years now, and couldn't be happier. Very, very quick turn around, and very reasonable. High quality, can't be beat, I don't even intend to try.

We decided first order to pick it up instead of paying shipping. First and last time. It is downtown Chicago, *shudder* . We are in Iowa, and the shipping is very reasonable.