This is probably a dumb question!

Belinda

Do you ever get to where you smell of your tarts and can't smell them?

I got in several FO's from JS and Backwoods that have had good reviews but the CT is very light in the clamshells. There are a couple of coffee scents and honey gingerbread from BW. I was expecting them to all be stronger, especially since I have other coffee scents from JS that the ct is stronger. I haven't tried honey gingerbread before but was also expecting a stronger throw. I'm sure I need to melt them though to get a true idea of how they'll be.

I've been mixing 4625 with 6006 at 50/50. I know waxes with soy need to cure but this would still be mostly paraffin. Maybe it's just my nose! I've been sniffing so many things here lately!

I think I'm going to re-pour in a different wax and see if that makes a difference. Maybe I'll try 4794 alone when my order comes in.

I know it's probably a dumb question! Just wondered if anyone else ever had the same experience. I'm sure my nose is probably fried!

Thanks for any input!

It's not dumb! I think sometimes our noses just get overwhelmed. lol. I had an open house a few weeks ago and I could not smell anything after I had made my wax melts and lip balm. I thought something was wrong with them but figured it was my nose and it was. Especially since everyone who came to shop could smell them. I don't use paraffin but I'm sure the same thing happens no matter what wax you use.

This happened to me a lot I would read great reviews on an FO on this side try it and nothing. I remember that JS Caramel Apple took so long to cure in para soy and even then the scent was weak. I would also check the temperature of your wax when you pour your FO.

IMO A lot of JS FO are hit or miss, some are great but other just too weak. I never had any problems with BW their Honey Gingerbread worked great in para soy.

You're right annie123. I've had some really weak oils from JS as I'm sure most here have. Occasionally though, she has a really great one! I think for some reason I'm just drawn to her website. I think it's the way she describes everything. It just sounds so yummy! LOL!

I took a basket to work today and they were all saying they could smell them so hopefully it's just my nose!