Where is everyone?

crazzie

People move on. Sometimes to other social media and forums. I have to go to several forums to get any action.

Can we name these forums? I like to look at all different things. And right now it helps me get my mind off other stuff instead of just sitting around like I am right now.

SliverOfWax - love your description of Twitter :laugh2:. I don't have a Twitter account. I do have FB, but don't post much. I'd much rather read the message boards to get info and and questions. I've learned a lot from everybody on this board.

I have noticed the same thing. It seems a lot of the regulars have moved on. Every so often I will spot a username on the home page that I havent seen in ages but no posts or responses. There are so many visitors on this board. It think it would be great if the folks really interested and not just browsing would sign up and join in.

Guest OldGlory

This is just my observation -

To me it seems like message board users fall into 3 basic categories:

The folks who have been around boards for years and have learned MOST of what they want to know already;

The folks who are brand new and seeking any and all information to help them learn new crafts and hone their skills;

And the folks who are somewhere in the middle - still new enough to be looking for new products to make and willing to share what they've learned. Without these middle ground folks, boards sort of die off.

We typically get a surge of new posters wanting to start a biz in a hurry in mid to late fall. That will continue to the holiday season. Happens every year.
totally agree with Candybee. I have seen it every year since 2003 (on the old board). There are some I was actually wondering where they went like Robin in Oregon?? Where has she been? Haven't seen a post from her in years she was always very helpful and full of knowledge

I'm one who doesn't post a lot, but I visit the boards almost every day. I'm heading into the busy season and it just got busier. I just received a large order for favors for an early November wedding. So on top of craft shows & festivals every Saturday now through December, I got this big order to make wedding favors complete with personalized packaging. My first wedding favor order, so I'm excited!!

I took the past 6 months off from everything. Welcomed the break, too. But recently my cousin contacted me for advice about how to do MP soap with her granddaughter - and then fall has snuck up and I haven't gotten any testing done! So now the vacation is over ... and I'm back.

PaGirl that is great news! See I told you it would pick up for you :) I just got an email from my ex's cousin - in - law (figure that one out! lol) she wanted an updated scent list to place an order for favors for her baby shower. Good news all the way around! Have you been back to Renningers after that one weekend?? Was wondering how you did.

PaGirl that is great news! See I told you it would pick up for you :) I just got an email from my ex's cousin - in - law (figure that one out! lol) she wanted an updated scent list to place an order for favors for her baby shower. Good news all the way around! Have you been back to Renningers after that one weekend?? Was wondering how you did.

Thanks! Yeah this bride spoke to me back in July at a craft show and emailed me a couple weeks ago wanting a price quote. She finally got back to me yesterday with an order. I haven't gone back to Renninger's since 9/7. I did okay, it wasn't fabulous but it wasn't lousy either. I won't have a free Saturday to go back, but I'll be making a point to go back at least 1 Saturday a month next season.

Congrats on your baby shower order! That's awesome! :)