Just Thinking...

FallenCandle

Should I try to make soap? I start projects, change my mind, and lose money a lot. (OCD) What do you think? Is it easier than candle making? I would like to make health and skin care products because A LOT more people use soap instead of candles. But I would continue to make both. What do you think? The melt and pour seems a lot easier compared to others where you can get hurt by the Lye. Thanks in advance!

Well, I can say I am glad I tried it! I'll never use store bought soap again! Absolutely love the benefits of making my own, not to mention sales. M&P is a great way to get into it, and you don't have to spend that much to see if you are going to like it. Get a couple pounds and a mold. If you like it then you can start experimenting with recipes and additives and see where you go!

Well I can tell you that I love to make soap!!! I started with the m&p soap and loved that so that is when I knew that I would enjoy cp as well! I would recommend starting with m&p just to see how you like it before you invest time and money into cp. I will never buy store bought soap again! I use the soap that I make every day and I absolutely love it! Best of luck to you!! Enjoy!!

I am what you would call Newbie in soapmaking and I just LOVE it!! I have stopped using the regular store bought soap and am just enjoying the heck out of my handmade soaps!! Follow your instructions for the lye and you will be fine....but you must have no children around, no distractions, no pets around...you really have to concentrate on what you are doing. My first batch was a total failure, but I am just loving it now. I have also made the Melt and Pour too which is wonderful. There are lots of great videos on You Tube to watch. The one I enjoy watching the most because she shares the most details is ESSENTIAL SOAP BY KIMBERLY MCNUTT...she has her own channel and shows you how to do everything. She is a hoot to watch . Go for it...but don't stop what you are already doing...keep making your candles, etc and just add the soap to your line. :)

I ordered my main supplies from Brambleberry. There are tons of different M & P designs you can make. (Brambleberry has a lot of videos on this). Watch out though...you are entering the no return zone of soap addiction....but it is awesome!!! :)

Edited by puma52

I ordered my main supplies from Brambleberry. There are tons of different M & P designs you can make. (Brambleberry has a lot of videos on this). Watch out though...you are entering the no return zone of soap addiction....but it is awesome!!! :)

I used to do M&P because I did not want to get into the lye thing but recently I've switched to CP rebatch which I get from BB. It lathers much better than M&P and doesn't require much in the way of additives to up the lather...cost more but when it's an addiction, cost isn't an issue...lol

Hi Chandlerwicks!

No, I've not tried the lye from Aztec, but might in the future. When I ordered the other oils, etc from Essential Depot, I decided to go ahead and order their lye since it was on sale and came in smaller containers for easier handling..... I just couldn't resist! :)

Thanks!

QUOTE=puma52;1005034]Hi Chandlerwicks!

No, I've not tried the lye from Aztec, but might in the future. When I ordered the other oils, etc from Essential Depot, I decided to go ahead and order their lye since it was on sale and came in smaller containers for easier handling..... I just couldn't resist! :)

:) Ok I am getting ready to place an order, once money is in my paypal...

Does this look good: I have scents already from my candles that is soap safe.. All but one at least.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26029[/ATTACH]

Hey Fallen,

If you have a glass pyrex measuring cup to melt your soap in ,cutting board, thermometer and an alcohol sprayer w/alcohol, you are ready to go. As you make your soap and get comfortable you can add different items to your soap like oils, botanicals and glitter. :) You also might like to purchase the book SoapyLove by Debbie Chialtas....EXCELLENT book on Melt and Pour instructions and techniques. Karen from Eden's Secret does a beautiful job with her Melt and Pour soaps...in these she uses the clear glycerine Melt and Pour and the white soap Melt and Pour...see below.....set YOUR goals and GO FOR IT!! :)

http://youtu.be/vqFF2PNq6Oo

http://youtu.be/LdRQrRQm_-w

Edited by puma52