Get ready ... there's a new effort in 2013 (Cosmetic Legislation)

Scented

Reading that small article its doesn't appear to be too bad. On the other hand there isn't really enough information there to see all the implications. But I am glad to see small businesses are exempt from registration fees.

It appears this legislation wil have more of an impact on corporations with cosmetic labs that produce their own formulations. I don't personally have a problem with specific chemical ingredients being banned. But this article doesn't have enough info to determine what products need mandatory FDA testing.

"Small businesses with less than $2 million"...if a business making $1 million is a small business then what are we???

In my county businesses making under $250.000 are considered small businesses and not subject to BPOL.

But this still leaves the States to regulate as they see fit like the new Florida requirements.

My guess at the definition would be we'd fall in the small business. Again, though, this isn't out that I can tell in full form.

What bothers me is the states regulating in additional manners when those people are just as ignorant as those we send to D.C. I would rather see that the regulations make sure to pay attention to scientist as my state doesn't buy into science.

Edited by Scented

I'm wondering how they will work this out if it does go state by state for the tweaks of the Fed part of the law. Say, one state has less stringent requirement where another has strict requirements....If that is the case, will we be able to ship products made by the less stringent state to the stringent state and not violate their provisions?

Like the rest of it, we'll see when it's finalized but that is a big question that stood out to me reading the limited version.