wicking 2oz tins

Ok I'm going to revisit this tin again because its cute, I am looking for a starting point with CD wicks. I'm going to use 6006 1.5oz pp, no dye I normally use zinc wicks but would like to to try the CD. Is a CD 5 a good starting point. The dimension are 2x 1 1/4.....thanks in advance

I use 6006 and have done the 2 oz tins with 36 zinc, eco 1 and cd 5 or 6 (depending on the fo used)

imo the zinc work best because they burn cooler.....those little buggers can get really hot.

I am so glad I found a sample pack of zincs I had ordered a few months ago. I have 5 of every size YAY I just made one using the 6006 1oz of fo per pound and clean cotton scent from NG and no color. I am gonna let it sit a few days then test it I will let you know my results.

I LOVE the 2 oz tins, but have found it hard to wick them (I love the small size- and with the right fo, it can still fill up a room!)- I use 4633, and have tried the 36z and some of the low smoke zincs. With some fo's, the wick drowns out in that tin- I need to get back to testing these- I've been distracted by testing melts!! Good luck- keep us posted on your testing! I think I tried some CD 5 and 6's as well....

I need to order some 36z, I have tries the 44z but I know it gets to hot thanks for the tip, I poured mango sage tea 1oz pp cd5 6006 wax gonna let it cure will let you guys know how it does

Ok I used 6006 wax 1 oz in a pound of wax and NG clean cotton no dye. I used a 14z The tin got a little to hot for me. I had a sample pack of zinc wicks But there was no 36s in there :undecided So now I gotta order some 36's and see how they work. I will post results when I have some

Ok so I used 6006 wax NG Clean cotton no dye and a 36z wick I used 1oz per pound Been burning it for 6 hours So far it is burning great. The tin is a little warm but nothing to worrie about I can touch it and hold it without getting burned. My kitchen smells wonderful I can even smell it in my living room. Looks like so far the 36z is working wonderful. If it burns to the end without any trouble I will be using the 36z for these tins YAY success at last. :yay::yay::yay:

Edited by Dolphin146

• 3 months later...

Update I tried the 36z with several different fos and They started out good then drowned. So back to the drawing board for me. Now I am testing eco 4, cd 3, cd 5 and a lx 16 I tried a lx 14 but it drowned the wick after the first burn. I also tested with an all soy wax. Now I am going back to testing with the 6006. I like it much better. I will post my results after I am done testing

I"m looking forward to your results Dolphin146. I just ordered 6006 from CS and am excited to start working with it. I'm a bit tired of blending my own parasoy was and thought I would give this a try. If nothing else, I'll go back to my blend. : )

I ran into the same thing with 4633, wicking with the 36z, worked very well for some fo's, others drowned out- it was frustrating! Good luck with your testing- hope you find one that works for most of your fo's!!

Well I decided to chuck the 6006 No matter what wick or fo I just could not get a good HT. So now I am going to try some 4627 and see how I like this one. I also ordered some htp wicks to try in it. I am not gonna let these little tins get the best of me I will find a wick and wax that I am happy with. Of corse it may kill me LMAO