Silvermoon Soap Molds - Silicone Liner Question

MoonShadow

The first time I used a silicone loaf mold for CP soap, I had a dickens of a time getting the soap out. Somewhere, probably on this forum, I read a suggestion to put mineral oil in the mold. Now I do that and the soap comes out of the mold easily.

• 1 month later...

i have silvermoon silicone molds..BB...uplands..i have never had trouble getting out my soap..

some reciepes require you to let it set longer in the mold..or you can have trouble getting it out..

I pull away the sides, and i guess you would say kind of burp it..then even pull from the corners..

when you do that, you can tell if it is ready to unmold..

i also don't wash my molds between use..just wipe it out with a warm damp wash cloth..

i think with use, it conditions them..and they get easier and easier to unmold

I also put SL in my soap..it helps unmolding too..

i have not tried these molds...but have read good reviews on them..

she is a soap maker..and has spent lots of time and money..perfecting them..

here is her website..

http://www.nurturesoapmolds.com

i know there is not really any place to get silicone molds and liners like this anymore..

as i said she is a new business..but has great reviews..

Edited by 8-GRAN-ONES

are they back again? they rocked at first but then disappeared, reappeared, disappeared...

anyway, I have some of their molds from several years ago and the silicone is amazing (thick and sturdy and doesn't sag at all). Never had trouble getting the soap out of them.

Looked at site - do they no longer have the boxes for them?

Edited by CareBear

I just ordered two slab molds from Silvermoon. I already had two of their molds and have never had a problem with soap release. They are much more reasonably priced than one of the competitors. They do offer the wooden mold boxes, you just have to click on the size wanted and then go down to options, (where it says liner only), you can change that to with wooden box.

I had a terrible experience with that company. I orderd the wooden box for the mold and was told they didn't have any scrap lumber to make up my order. It took weeks of threats to get my money back and I purchased a mold from another company instead. Just be warned that its hit or miss with that company.

Steve