Farmhouse Kitchen Table

megandgarr

So I have been on a country/rustic/farmhouse kick for a while now. Yeah, I talked my hubs into building a farmhouse kitchen table for me this weekend and I am so excited!!!! It actually turned out really nice. I just finishes staining it so I have to let it dry, then add polyurethane and let it cure for a week or so before I can bring it in the house, but here is a pic of the table built sitting on the back patio (taken last night) and then another shot taken just a bit ago to show it with the stain.

post-12144-139458507581_thumb.jpg

post-12144-139458507586_thumb.jpg

post-12144-139458507591_thumb.jpg

post-12144-139458507594_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much! I have to say it turned out better than I was expecting considering this was our first project of this size.

What do/will the chairs look like? I can see distressed black...

We are going to use the chairs from our current table. The color is not exact, but that is ok since typically the chairs do not match on a farmhouse table. Right now the chairs are bar stool heighth so we will need to cut the legs down to fit a standard size table, but I think it will work out.

post-12144-139458507597_thumb.jpg

I finally added a few coats of polyurethane and it looks so bright and shiny! Now I am very impatiently waiting for it to cure so that I can start decorating.

This is a picture of the table after the poly. Hopefully I can add some decor at the end of the week.

post-12144-139458508125_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...