CD wicks

Anyone having trouble with scent throwwith these? Melts are so popular now..and so good..I have 4 meltersa nd have a wonderful fragrant home all the time with them. As with candles..some may throw..but most of the time just smell hot, smoke smell..like cigerettes burning..ugh! With melts no glass (shipping fees) worry about being sued..(I am a hobbyist but I do sell in a few consignment shops). Anyone else going through this?

I had a candle in Bonfire Bliss..mind you this is my 3rd test candle..16oz. mason jar,CD 14..beautiful burn..no hot throw! C3 wax..no color. So I burn until there is about 1inch or so of wax in the bottom..stick it on my hot plate..dump the liquid in my warmer bowl..it has been kicking butt all day yesterday and still kicking but tonight! I turned it off at midnight and back on at 7am...so far that makes it 19 hours..I just can't believe it.

I have another one doing the same thing..Pink Sugar and Lemon Sugar..cold throw..yummm..hot throw,none! So guess what I will be doing with that one?! The point being here is the wicks are the culprit! It is the same candle with no throw that is now kicking butt..soooooo...I do have some HTP wicks I will try to..but boy I am tired of being frustrated.

Anyways..rant is over TY for anyone who reads and understands and maybe can let me know if they have "fixed" their problem.

I can kinda feel your pain. Lately I have been thinking the same thing but I don't use CDs or soy. But sometimes I get pretty frustrated and think maybe I should just do melts! It seems so much earier when I make them.

Hi there...hope this helps. We switched to ALL CD wicks except for some of our "touchy" FO's (in which case we use ECO wicks) With the right container and CD wick size combination we've been able to get the "no hot throw in soy" FOs to actually do a very good job. If we find that the hot throw is just not there we simply move on. But there are SO MANY great scents that WILL have a super throw in soy. We use GB464. Good luck!

Hi there...hope this helps. We switched to ALL CD wicks except for some of our "touchy" FO's (in which case we use ECO wicks) With the right container and CD wick size combination we've been able to get the "no hot throw in soy" FOs to actually do a very good job. If we find that the hot throw is just not there we simply move on. But there are SO MANY great scents that WILL have a super throw in soy. We use GB464. Good luck!

IYO is there a big difference between HTP and CD wicks? From what ive read they are basically the same except HTP is made in USA and CD is made in Germany. What are the performance differences in GW 464?

I use CD wicks with 415 and 464 and get amazing HT- I dabbled in C3 very briefly and could not get the HT I was looking for but I do know many people do- have you tried CDN wicks with that wax? Maybe the cure time needs to increase or your temperatures and FO load needs tweaking

wick issues are not fun- I understand your frustration

IYO is there a big difference between HTP and CD wicks? From what ive read they are basically the same except HTP is made in USA and CD is made in Germany. What are the performance differences in GW 464?

My biggest complaint with 464 was not performance but was with frosting. As with most soy, not all FOs throw well in it.

I use HTP and haven't tried CD wicks yet, but I've read that the CD's burn just a tad hotter.

4627 or 415, no dye, no additives, 6% to 8% FO. I use the CDs & CDNs in 415, they work the best even with the mushrooms. Palm wax also mushrooms with those two, CSNs don't.

Thanks, CW! That's interesting. I don't get any mushrooming in un-dyed 4627 with 6% to 8% FO load using HTP wicks, I'm surprised the CD's mushroom since they're essentially the same wick. I've read on here about users of 4627 really liking CD wicks when they tried them.

Thanks, CW! That's interesting. I don't get any mushrooming in un-dyed 4627 with 6% to 8% FO load using HTP wicks, I'm surprised the CD's mushroom since they're essentially the same wick. I've read on here about users of 4627 really liking CD wicks when they tried them.

It must be me then!

Sorry for the delay.....I have never used HTP, we moved from ECO wicks to CD because of the 464, we really wanted to stick with one soy wax which is what we did, so we kept testing, testing, testing. So eventually our pour procedure using 464, cd wicks, and 3 jar sizes (plus tins) worked great. BUT I must say, there are times like with a new FO that we won't get the result we want, so we do not spend too much time if our wax does not perform well with particular FO's BUT with our 2 main suppliers we have only hit 3 or 4 FOs that simply would not work for us.