Bedtime scents?

Darbla

Get your minds out of the gutter. I mean for sleepytime! :tongue2:

Lavender's a given, but which ones are your favorites? I mix lavender and Bramble Berry's "Rosehip Jasmine" and it's divine. There are some baby lotions with lavender and chamomile that are meant to soothe babies, so are there FOs of those for us adults? What else is relaxing enough for making pillow sprays? I take my shower at night before bed, so I could also mix up a lotion to use after in one of these scents.

I probably shouldn't post here, but I'm trying to get an "enema" rating. Or is that, "enigma"?

Whatever!

I've had several customers of the fairer sex tell me that they have fallen asleep with one of my candles burning on their nightstand, only to awaken, well refreshed, in the morning to find my candle either still burning gently or burned out and cool to the top of it's wick tab!

After I recover my sanity, wiped the foam from my mouth, and have given them ANOTHER candle burning instruction sheet along with a much needed; "Are you just plain stupid?" lecture, I also give them one of those slotted #70 lids which fit our jelly jar candles that will give off fragrance even though the candle is unlit.

They seem to take it all pretty well, even when I hug them and tell them, I'm glad they're still among the living.

They usually admit the fragrance that they were enjoying was (Rating from bottom to top / Backwards);

8.) Lilac

7,) Calla Lily (Our own blend)

6.) Warm Vanilla Sugar (B&B - Type)

5.) Lavender

4.) Lavender Vanilla

3.) Fresh Air (Our own Blend)

2.) Spa Glow (Our Own Blend)

1.) Love Spell (Victoria's Secret- Type)

For the record "LS" is our overall best selling fragrance in our candle shop.

Some strange things, though, I've experienced;

When we first started selling "LS", years ago, I dyed it a pale pink and renamed it.

EVERYONE who smelled it said it smelled like "Love Spell" to them, but they didn't buy it. Several even reached into their pocketbooks and produced a spary bottle, held it near my nose and said; See!", But: NO SALE!

I caved in and named it "Love Spell" / Victoria's Secret - Type" and we would sell out every week until I increased production on it.

Around Halloween of 2012, I decided to give VS their full tribute and dyed it a pleasant light purple color. SALES FROZE ! ! !

It is once again a pale pink and has regained it's status as our "Best Selling Fragrance".

What a crazy world we have to do business in.

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles

Edited by emilyspoppy

Well, given that warm milk is supposed to help you sleep I've used milky scents in the past. Demeter used to have a Condensed Milk spray, and another perfume company used to have one called Lait Sucre. I LOVED to spray my pillow with one of these when I went to bed. Then I found a Dulce de Leche candle at a company called Illuminations, but it was really a Lait Sucre scent. Since I've been making candles for myself I've tryed Lait Sucre from Scent Works, Milk Sugar Kisses from DayStar & Sugared Milk from ICS. Milk scents aren't for everyone though, it seems you either love them or you hate them!

Another one that came to mind is Coco Beach Baby from Elements, that's one soft & yummy scent, not beachy at all!

Edited by mzpickles

I love Lavender-chamomile (Candle Science); also Woodland Breeze (Backwoods; I think it's available at RE/AH as well, but I don't know if it smells like the one sold by Backwoods). Someone I know always requests Cool Cirtrus Basil (Cajun's); she claims it's the perfect scent for relaxation :undecided.

hth

Get your minds out of the gutter. I mean for sleepytime! :tongue2:

Lavender's a given, but which ones are your favorites? I mix lavender and Bramble Berry's "Rosehip Jasmine" and it's divine. There are some baby lotions with lavender and chamomile that are meant to soothe babies, so are there FOs of those for us adults? What else is relaxing enough for making pillow sprays? I take my shower at night before bed, so I could also mix up a lotion to use after in one of these scents.

• 11 months later...

Older thread...just bumping it up. In search of suggestions for a good lavender & chamomile similar to Aveda's for myself. Will be out of commission for a while & am stocking up on some relaxing oils. Thanks much!

Edited by marcuset
Bath & Body use...not wax ;-)

I goofed...it's actually Aveeno's Stress Relief w/ lavender, chamomile & ylang-ylang. Aveda's on the brain I guess. Thanks for any suggestions guys.

AH/RE has a lavender chamomile you might try. Don't know how it would compare, but add a few drops of ylang-ylang (III is least expensive) and it might just work out for you.