Does this sound familiar to anyone?

ksranch

Where is this description coming from? Sounds nice, though.

It came off some soap/lotion as the scent description. It is very nice and I'd love to make something like it, I'm just not very experienced at making my own mixes yet so was hoping someone might recognize it...

I'll check WSP's Witches Brew... maybe I could just add some vanilla... I sure do hate to buy from there though. :sad2:

That's alot! Here's Moonworks: Witches Brew - FP>200

A bewitching combination of sweet dark spices tossed generously with clove and lots of earthy dark patchouli. Add to the pot a pinch of resinous cedarwood entangled in a web of fiery cinnamon and sweet violets. A lusty, robust fragrance with gypsy appeal!

That's alot! Here's Moonworks: Witches Brew - FP>200

A bewitching combination of sweet dark spices tossed generously with clove and lots of earthy dark patchouli. Add to the pot a pinch of resinous cedarwood entangled in a web of fiery cinnamon and sweet violets. A lusty, robust fragrance with gypsy appeal!

They are $30!! Still high if you ask me... NG has it but their descript just says

Natures Garden Witches Brew Fragrance: A secret blend that is mystical...try some.

Has anyone tried this?? I wonder if they would tell me if its patch/cinnamon/cedar if I called? hmmmm

Witches Brew is more of a strong patchouli blend. Are you sure you are looking for a patchouli fragrance? The scent combo could very well be something else entirely. Especially since patchouli is listed last. If it was a witches brew patchouli would be at the top of the list.

It would help if you described the scent. Is it a strong vanilla, sweet and creamy? Or strong spicy scent? Is it a strong patchouli scent or a strong cedar scent?

Edited by Candybee

Okay, I bought some creme this weekend - and Patch is definatly predominant. I can pick up the cedar and maybe a touch of cinnamon, but I don't get hardly any vanilla. The description was the maker's description, not from a fo supplier which may account for why patch was last in it. So, to me, seems like the witches brew might be on track. Damn - I don't want to spend that much! lol You blenders out there have any suggestions for a starting point? :undecided

maybe start with this from candlewic-

Voodoo Love Candle Scent

Rich seductive scent of patchouli, cedarwood and exotic spices.

i get the witches brew from candles and supplies and the voodoo love is similar-but to me-much softer, so maybe the vanilla would work well with it. oh, VL is skin safe & like 20 bucks per lb. - reg price! it is under the ultimate extreme scent listing.

hth-kris

I had bought 16 ounces of witches brew WSP and I love it but it doesn't move very well- and it would take me along time to go thru all this with the hundreds of samples I still have to use up so depending on how much you need I could send you some - just pm me if your interested

Okay, I bought some creme this weekend - and Patch is definatly predominant. I can pick up the cedar and maybe a touch of cinnamon, but I don't get hardly any vanilla. The description was the maker's description, not from a fo supplier which may account for why patch was last in it. So, to me, seems like the witches brew might be on track. Damn - I don't want to spend that much! lol You blenders out there have any suggestions for a starting point? :undecided

Keep in mind though that vanilla only tries to tame the stronger scents or dumb them down so to speak.

Keep in mind though that vanilla only tries to tame the stronger scents or dumb them down so to speak.

Thanks Scented! I've got samples of Witches Brew and VooDoo Love on the way.. hopefully one will at the least be a starting point!

Okay, one more question.. sure everyone's tired of Witch's Brew questions.. Anyway, Candles & Supplies has a witch's brew and I emailed and asked for more details and they said it is what I'm looking for - a dupe of Yankee evidently. The sample I got was from WSP - has anyone tried C&S's version - is it the same?

If you are looking for a patchouli that even a non patchouli person would like try either Elements Patchouli Honey or MW's Patchouli Passion. You don't have to love patch to love these. I prefer Elements Patch Honey but MW's has a nicer price. They are not quite the same but very similar.

I love C&S Witches Brew. Very earthy and rich. Sells like hotcakes for me and soaps beautifully and works in any wax I throw it in. Haven't tried Yankee's or WSP version so don't know how it compares.

Aaaaaaugh, this makes me want to make that C&S order I keep threatening. But then I'll read a post about how weak their oils are and give up.