Wax Removal

heat gun it and wipe out with paper towels and then a disinfectant wipe. the glass will be hot though. then i wash out with hot water and brillo pads and really rinse well. i use this method for pour pots also.

hth-kris

Just make sure not to put the heat gun too close to the glass, or keep it there for too long... It can get too hot and shatter... ask me how I know.

I do the oven thing to with cookie sheet lines in aluminum foil so I can just peel it off when the wax hardens and line it again- a cookie sheet with burned up testers is a permanent fixture on my stove top- when its full of jars I chunk out the wax and heat them up upside down

Then I throw them in the dishwasher....is that probably not a good idea? I am to lazy to hand wash them and I then run the dishwasher empty on heavy cycle before using for dishes- I don't smell oils or see wax residue in there....

Well, call me Frugal Fanny, but I make tealights from the leftover wax in the jar. THEN I put them upside down in the oven with newspaper until everything is melted out and take the jars out one by one and wipe them with paper towels. I don't wash them, just wipe well and re-use.

If I only have one or two, then I would pop it on the candle warmer and pour out the wax and then wipe, but hey, when do we ever just have ONE or TWO jars to clean out!!?? :lipsrseal

I line a cookie sheet with tin foil...take 2 layers of damp paper towels and lay them on that...then put my jars upside down on that. As they melt...I remove them one by one and wipe out with paper towel then soak in hot soapy water.