1oz & 2oz melts

Just wondering how much ya all sell these for? I want to come up with a cute name but I'm just not very creative..all I can't think of is Tiny Tarts, and we can't use the word tart so that's out! I was thinking of doing the 2oz $2 ea or 6/$10..I bought some of the 1oz cups but don't know if I even wanna do anything with them or just use as samples. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

I haven't done the 1 oz because the price is so similar to the 2 oz. I sell my 2 oz portion cups for $2 each or 10 for $17. I think the word Tarts is a trademarked name so I call mine wax melts.

I have been searching for other ways to package them as well.

wow- again I think I am high in price....I sell the 1 ounce individual melts in the fluted molds for 2.00 each or they can get 10 for $15.00- nobody has said I was high in price and take full advantage of buying 10 at a time- but I also individually wrap them and use a brown kraft round label if that makes any difference

yanks sells for that and IMO mine are way better! LOL very biased opinion...and I call them wax melts and the clamshells I call breakaway melts

wow- again I think I am high in price....

I think it's more of a regional/location thing. I can charge more for mine in Chicago than I can in Jacksonville, NC. I also can charge more at a local retail shop than I do at Craft Fairs. To me it all depends on the customer demographics. But then again I don't do internet sales so I don't have to worry about price conflicts.

A little off topic but, I use a mini muffin pan right now to make my tarts..I can make them 1 or 1.5 oz(full)..But what I'm finding is that I can put a tart in the warmer for up to 6 maaaybe 8 hrs with great throw... I turn it off and then turn it back on the next day and I get very minimal throw ( I'm using 4630 and 4625 50/50)..Funny thing is, one of my testers said she only had hers in her elect. burner for a few hrs and turned it off ( great throw)..She turned it back on the next day and only got minimal throw...Both tests were done with CS pumpkin souflee.

It's like once you turn it off no matter how long youve had it on the first warming.. The second one is so minimal...So until I can (if i can) fix this.. I've decided to package 2 - 1 oz tarts as a single buy ( or for now, give away)..That way they can at least get 2 good days out of it...And maybe a 1 oz single tart as a > Sample Scent Shot.

In the meantime my friend/tester-traitor (jk lol) has been buying everyones tarts she can get her hands on... And I'm like, what the hey!...She said, " well, you're not making enough tarts ( Ive been busy making bears)... She gave me one that I think was from wallmart..And I'm disgusted to say it's been strong 1st and secnd burn so far, albeit both short burn times...And its a little cube!, ugh lol

She gave me one that I think was from wallmart..And I'm disgusted to say it's been strong 1st and secnd burn so far, albeit both short burn times...And its a little cube!, ugh lol

Oh no! Hope we aren't now competing with Walmart too. Have never bought any of their clamshells so haven't a clue how they work and none of my family/friends has mentioned them either.

Oh no! Hope we aren't now competing with Walmart too. Have never bought any of their clamshells so haven't a clue how they work and none of my family/friends has mentioned them either.

I know right..lol..... As for my tester friend, I obses...umm.. I mean "think things through thoroughly" enough as it is.. Don't be throwin wallyworld tarts all up in my face ( 2 snaps and a circle)

:: walkin off mumblin> challenge me, pfft...I'll make a tart that'll make you wish for a respirator...shooooo lmao

Edited by Ivy

OMG Ivy- you are too funny- love it

I noticed at meijer the other night they have Clamshells for 2.00! WTH - the cold throw was good but I couldn't make myself buy one.....I don't want to know! LOL

I will continue on trying for Myself those "need a respirator" type myself!

I know right..lol..... As for my tester friend, I obses...umm.. I mean "think things through thoroughly" enough as it is.. Don't be throwin wallyworld tarts all up in my face ( 2 snaps and a circle)

:: walkin off mumblin> challenge me, pfft...I'll make a tart that'll make you wish for a respirator...shooooo lmao

LOL....Just what we don't need. All our hard work blending, testing, obsessing (yes, I do it too) and Wallyworld is cranking out long lasting tarts? This just cannot be true!

You are too funny Ivy.

LOL....Just what we don't need. All our hard work blending, testing, obsessing (yes, I do it too) and Wallyworld is cranking out long lasting tarts? This just cannot be true!

You are too funny Ivy.

Not only that, our local Walmart has a Better Homes and Garden warmer with 3 clamshells for $9.99! They were selling like crazy....grrrrr

Not only that, our local Walmart has a Better Homes and Garden warmer with 3 clamshells for $9.99! They were selling like crazy....grrrrr

Oh no! This is very bad news. The dang warmers used to be $15. Don't know what the melts were priced at b/c I turned my nose at them and wouldn't look.

They only had one style of warmer, and it could have had 4 clamshells now that I think about it, like I said they were going fast! The clamshells are $2.00 at our Walmart.

They only had one style of warmer, and it could have had 4 clamshells now that I think about it, like I said they were going fast! The clamshells are $2.00 at our Walmart.

Oh, this is distressing....lol. Hopefully Walmart sells out everywhere quick or word doesn't get out so all of you selling warmers, tarts and clamshells can make lots of money for the holidays :)

I might make it to selling by next holiday season. However, I did say that last year :(

Just thought I would chime in here for those that are freaking out over Wal Mart's tarts & warmers...

Now speaking for myself here of course, when someone comes in talking about the Wal Mart brand of tarts that just opens up the conversation of "Ours are handmade by us, can you go to Wal Mart and talk to the maker?" Nope, they sure can't... Can they also go to Wal Mart and ask for a specific scent and have them make it... Nope again.. Does Wal Mart support local businesses by buying locally? Nope to that too...

There are so many come backs when approached by Wal Mart shoppers... but having tested a few of the tarts there... I'll even admit, some are good.. some are horrible.. as with any of us, we have our good ones and we have our not so good ones... Just take this chance to educate your customer and show them why they should be supporting you and not a multi national, multi billion dollar company that is pure evil...

"Just thought I would chime in here for those that are freaking out over Wal Mart's tarts & warmers..."

Awww, didn't mean to sound like I was freaking out, just a heads up to those who sell warmers, it is difficult to compete with those prices! On the WM website the prices on their warmers have been reduced also. Oh and I have to admit I shop at Walmart, saves me a ton of time and gas having to drive to the next town over which is 30 miles away!!

I've had customers tell me they were using Walmart's tarts because you know who's were too expensive. I've been told that Walmart does have a few good scents that work great, but they have a ton of duds, too. My customers prefer mine, which are priced in the middle, and they tell me mine last longer and smell better than either of them. :-) I'd think they were lying if it were just my family and friends, but even strangers tell me that, so I guess I'm doing something right! I'm always so nervous when someone buys my tarts for the first time. I don't know why. That's just how I am. :-p

I'm always so nervous when someone buys my tarts for the first time. I don't know why. That's just how I am. :-p
Can so relate to that. But I don't have customers yet (this time around).

My children gave me quite a complex with B&B stuff. They would not give test results.

ETA: Had to clarify that. I get nervous when my wax stuff goes out to testers.

Edited by jeanie353