BBW candles

I have a couple mini Slatkin ones and yep wicks are off center and they are in plastic holders- of which get super hot and smell plasticy when they burn- people buy the name...BBW must be good they have stores everywhere- right?

Same with yank and many many more- I also have a lakeshore-big company -that I can't get to burn for nothing- says right on the label soy candle but on website it's says soy blend- which I could tell right away it was not pure soy but people don't know the difference.....unfortunately

I actually love seeing candles ike this. This is what makes hand poured candles so appealing to customers out there! because we actually take the time to center our wicks, and test our candles before we sell them to ensure good burning behavior. I get comments all the time about when a customer sees my candle it looks better than a manufactured candle. And when customers take their candle home and burn it they see the difference.

WOW I would think they would be better than that. But when I go shopping I see many candles like that. Some even worse. Thats why I allways make my own. Atleast I know mine are made much better than that. I just wish more people would realize that.

That's a commercial candle??? Wow, it's not even full, let alone that wonky wick.

Wow.

Candles aren't supposed to be full, you have to leave enough head space to create a heat sink so it will burn properly and not cause drowning wicks. In jars with a shoulder or neck, you stop the wax where the straight side of the jar meets the point where the curve begins. In a straight sided jar, you have to experiment a little bit to find where the wax should stop, or go by the supplier's wax weight to fill line. That looks like a Libbey Cylinder jar, and the glass lid to that has a thick fitment that projects pretty far down into the jar, so they might have been leaving room for the lid fitment if it's the glass lid.

The wick position is ridiculous, and I see a lot of store candles like that.

Edited by HorsescentS