More Pours, Too Much Fun!

Hopie

Here are a few pours I did yesterday. All in C-3 Soy, all with Lone Star Oils. Right to left, Nag Champa, Dragon's Blood, Plumeria, Verbena Bamboo, Baja Cactus Blossom.  For the Coffee Mocha I mixed coffee and fudge brownie oil (2/3 to 1/3), then topped it off with creamy vanilla scented whipped cream. First time doing the whipped cream, but I will get better at it as I go :)

IMG_20180420_111121.jpg

IMG_20180420_111315.jpg

• Like 5

Wow!!!  Gorgeous colors!  Loveem all !

How do you like the c-3?  I used to use that all the time.  Are those status 8oz or 12Oz?  Do you mind me asking what size wick you used?

Just beautiful!

*googlequeen*

Trappeur

yes, you will get better as it goes.......after you pour several candle, you get the hang if it and venture out into other scents.  

Just keep up the experiments and in the end run,  you'll be patting yourself on the back for producing a candle that smells amazing.

• Thanks 1

@Trappeur, Thank you, I played around all evening yesterday pouring them. I used to pour a lot of C3, and just started playing around with it again recently. I don't know if they are 8 or 12 oz, whichever ones they sell at Dollar Tree? I just used what was accessible to me right away without having to order them online. I used two different zinc wicks in them, for the Nag Champa, and Dragon's Blood I used the 51-32-18 zinc wicks, and for the other three I used the 60-44-18 zinc wicks. I used to use these wicks years back and they were good, but now, with the soy issues, I have no idea if they'll burn correctly or not. All of these pours are for retesting. I do recall having a problem years back with the Plumeria oil not wanting to burn unless I upwicked it, so...we shall see. 

For the coffee one, I double wicked it with the 51-32-18 zincs, since it was a wide diameter across the top. I have NO idea how these will burn. 

Edited by Hopie

16 minutes ago, Pam W said:

yes, you will get better as it goes.......after you pour several candle, you get the hang if it and venture out into other scents.  

Just keep up the experiments and in the end run,  you'll be patting yourself on the back for producing a candle that smells amazing.

I have a big load of oils right now, and some parasoy on the way to play with. I'll keep them going until I run out, and the curing time will be staggered so I can test them. I did get that feathered palm wax in, but wanted to wait for proper wicks before I pour any more pillars. So much fun to have time to "play" right now :)

Thanks, Candybee! I sure had to stir and stir the whip before it started to set, probably because it was rather warm in here at the time. My dear David will just LOVE the coffee when it's ready to light :) So will I, we're both "coffeeholics".