My Second Pillar Candle!

Hopie

Oh WOW they just keep getting better! Really stunning...great colors... is this really your second ever? Gosh I wish I could have shown you my first...second...third...you would have had a good laugh!

• Like 1

Yes, only my second one. I never worked with paraffin until two nights ago...only soy container candles. Believe me, I had to think them both out very carefully for a few days and ask for advice here before I did these. Took me the better part of an evening to pour each of them, LOL! I was very surprised they came out so nice, and am very happy with them. Now I need to test burn them with the wicks I used to see how they burn. Pity to burn that Pyramid...I might have to make a solid one to burn instead.

2 minutes ago, Pam W said:

You have everything in this candle that I love..............gradient colors, mottling and my fav jump lines........you are well on your way.  Keep it up girl :-)

Thank you so kindly, I wanted to start it out with white, then poke it with the skewer for the next layer, so that the yellow would flow in behind the white..then I just kept adding more dye chips to the green to make it go darker with each pour. Lemon=yellow then grass=green :) Took me most of the evening to pour it, LOL! SO much fun! 

On 4/5/2018 at 7:33 PM, Hopie said:

Thank you so kindly, I wanted to start it out with white, then poke it with the skewer for the next layer, so that the yellow would flow in behind the white..then I just kept adding more dye chips to the green to make it go darker with each pour. Lemon=yellow then grass=green :) Took me most of the evening to pour it, LOL! SO much fun! 

I'd suggest that you go to liquid dyes....it's so much easier than chips and you can get a more consistent coloration.  Now the way you worked with the dye chips did give a beautiful result but liquid dyes might make life easier....kwim.  FYI:  there is nothing that you did wrong and you produced a beautiful candle....so whatever you are comfortable with, keep it up..

You are inspiring me to get back in the game and produce candles that I am proud of........

• Like 1

You're probably right about the liquid dyes....I'd buy them only a few at a time because they're so much more expensive than the wax chips. I've never tried them. Space is also always an issue, I spent yesterday evening busting up the mottling wax so we don't stub our toes in here, LOL! 

I'm really liking paraffin, and I think I prefer it to soy. I also LOVE the look of the feathered palm wax! Are they as much a pain to find the right wicks for as soy is? That substance is simply stunning to look at! OMG, I'm going to become a wax monster! :o

Hey, jump back in, the water's warm :D Express yourself!

Edited by Hopie